Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Use for Lightsabre

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Foonus, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Foonus

Foonus IncGamers Member

Use for Lightsabre

I recently came accross a Lightsabre and a Bul Kathos Mythical sword. The weapons look really good, but for the life of me i can not decide on a charector build that could make use them.

Had anyone got suggestions as to effective charector setups using this type of a weapon? Only thing that comes to mind is a Zeal Pally and a standard Barb. Would like to make someting more exciting than that.. and a lot more effective.

2. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

As I recall, with a werebear and a fast weapon you can make a very effective character. LS doesn't pack a huge punch, but it is very fast. The werebear build can make up for that damage.

As for the BK sword, I don't even remember the stats...

3. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Frenzier, although both weapons will be low killier in Hell in large games. You really need to add crushing to make these effective. They are both fast, with the Saber being fastest.

Many melee builds involving pallys, Druid, Barbs can make use of either and do fine, just not be powerfull in larger Hell games.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Bk IIRC is a 200% ED Mythical, needs 15 IAS for last BP of WW, but make sure you look it up as it may need 20 and a Shael.

BK set best works for a Frenzier, but can work for WW two Handed. Set bonuses are pretty kool and the CB is usualy very cheap to get. But like i said before they wont "shine" in Hell but will get the job done if played right and you get some Crushing and or Deadly.

5. Sip

Sip Banned

If i were you I would scrap the idea of Using LS.

Just because you found it doesnt mean you automatically have to use it. Melee characters are too underpowered in this 1.10 patch...especially when they use Low phys damage weps like ls.

I made a barbarian as my first 1.10 hc ladder character and struggled to find a wep that I could kill things with. I finally settled on an azurewrath (way better than lightsabre) and i Still couldn't kill very well at all.

I suggest you trade the lightsabre for a vipermagi and make a sorc or hammerdin like everyone else.

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Sip isnt wrong here at all, but if this is all you have and you want to make a guy to it than dont let Hell be what stops you from doing it. You may find better later and be able to improve and if you play solo or small games these weapons will sufice.

it is unfortunate that a BK Myth which was so rare in 1.09 and usefull has been taken down so far in usefullness now that it drops more than once in a bluemoon. IMO LS never was a big game killer in 1.09 1 handed but with 2 it was pretty good, but both are hurting pretty bad in 1.10 Hell.

7. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

I still think LS works very effectively on a tesladin or a frost zealot:)

Chill

8. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

BTW, everyone else are a bunch of whimps if they gave up on melee!

9. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

booo hissss

someone mentioned a tesladin (holy shocker pali) in the other thread, a build that requires lots of speed and not a ton of phys damage... lightsaber is almost perfect for it.

edit: bah... in the time it takes me to read the thread and post a 3 line response, stinger's got two more in, and chiller gets one in too... i must be slow :surprise:

10. Foonus

Foonus IncGamers Member

I was waiting for someone to say that... I think this the route i think i will take. I would most likely add a Shael rune to it, as was noted in an above post.

Anything else I should know about this type of Driud, i persume i will be maxing out STR in this build, with good points in Health as well. How will this character fair later on in the game in say an 8 PPL Hell match?

I also agree that the melee fighters got the short end of the stick this time, in fact the earliest patch i can think of dates back to when the barb was nerfed with the introduction or reduced mana leech, and physical immunes. Almost saw the elimination of most every cookie cutter WW lance barb on the ladder.... The trend of nerfing melee seems to continue from patch to patch.

11. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I beleive you will want to look at the Fireclaw build for the boost in Elements and Big AR. Since you are going LS it requires a lot of dex so leans you towards good Block so try and maximize that if it is reasonable.

Pumping strenght I think is a mistake, but it would be nice to get some high D Armor on him and take advantage of the Bears D bonuses.

i think some guys that have done a bear could give you more solid info as i have only read and considered one so far.

Furthermore, get a good Crushing blow % as it is really King for Melee now, it makes a hughe difference in hitting something 20 times or 120 times wether you have high damage or low damage.

12. zola

zola IncGamers Member

oops - wrong thread

13. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

I wouldnt scrap the idea. This is an excellent weapon for a barb's use for the level it was intended. Its fast, has decent damage, and can be used at a low level. Agreed it wont do much for you in hell, but neither will your other low level gear. How many bowazons do you see in hell run around with a kuko?

Oh, and by the way, when was a mele character ever effective at quick killing? Not since the nurfed WW after the very first patch.

14. TopheavyHookjaw

TopheavyHookjaw IncGamers Member

Are you kidding?

My WW S/S barb in 1.09 was next to unstoppable...and that was with unduped godly gear (just really good stuff i had managed to put together).

Offense: Was 40% IAS (past last breakpoint for WW) and 35x% ED...not to mention the critical bug.

Defense: He was full DR (75%), full block, full res with almost 3K life (after BO of course) He didn't even fear the Lag Beast...well, maybe just a little when doing large pub Cow Runs

15. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

compared to a javazon? or a nova sorc? Please. Unstoppable because you were a tank. But efficient in fast leveling/fask killing, I dont think so. I am not knocking you. I too had a godly barb that hit 99. But he was clearly not a cow clearer, at least not like the range fighters were.

16. Ratel-OWNS-Ity

Ratel-OWNS-Ity IncGamers Member

baalos you sadden me, You mean to say my 1.09 WW lancer with my CWPoQ that could kill faster than your 34/34 metoer sorc wasnt a fast killer?

17. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I vote frost paladin.

18. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

I vote that Lightsabre is a really, really bad sword, especially in 1.10.

19. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

First off, forget about building a fireclaw or maul bear with the LS. That weapon is simply too slow for this purpose---8 FPA even with a shael!

Second, I totally disagree with Sip'ed comment. My ChaoTitan is the perfect counter-example. He is level 77 now in hell act 2. He uses double two-handed swords with 2 shaels and 1 open socket each (2-9 dmg). He is killing well with whirlwind. Not exactly 1.09 well, but well enough to compare to WF zons and CM zealots in 1.10. BTW, he has no fear of IM.

As for the LS, sell it for as many pgem as you can or use it as level up weapon. For the Bul-Kathos' Tribal, you should try to get the full set and make a WW/Frenzy barb. You can also use The Disciple set at the same time. Nice bonouses from two full sets.

20. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Only thing I have been able to think to do with LS is use as a switch weapon for blade fury on my MA sin or give to my Necro to use the light absorb while running hell Baal. LS and Tgods on a necro is pretty sweet.