USC Goes Down!

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
USC Goes Down!

Beaten by rival UCLA in their last game of the season. This has made my otherwise boring day much more jubilant!

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like a rematch in Tempe. The Gators don't want Ohio State. Remember the USC-Oklahoma fiasco a couple of years ago. Michigan-Ohio State II, while not popular, looks like the best game for the championship.

EliManning

Diabloii.Net Member
USC was overrated anyway. Somehow Michigan's loss to Ohio State was worse for their ranking than USC's loss to Oklahoma? Uh... sure, ok.

Number of times you've heard the BCS called retarded, +1

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
MacFadden please be kind and remove Florida from the equation to make our lives easier

edit - and Leak, you can shovel pass to defensive linemen too, it might clear things up a bit

guess we're stuck with Michigan, I sure don't wanna see Florida in the title game

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
USC was overrated anyway. Somehow Michigan's loss to Ohio State was worse for their ranking than USC's loss to Oklahoma? Uh... sure, ok.

Number of times you've heard the BCS called retarded, +1
I didn't think I was able to agree with you and then you go and post this.

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
I really don't see how putting Michigan up against OSU again would be fair to Florida. People say Florida doesn't have the style points, but if you want style points, take a peak at their schedule. It's much tougher than that of Michigan's, and besides, Michigan has already been beaten by OSU. What's the point of a rematch? :undecided:

***EDIT***
And by the way, to clear things up....GO GATORS!

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
Sooners beat Huskers and take Big 12 Crown! :jig:

Cry me some tears Longhorn ... :laughing:
Yeah, congratulations to OU for winning the Big 12 after losing both AD and Bomar, but you can't honestly tell me that you think OU is better than Texas.

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Gibbzilla said:
Yeah, congratulations to OU for winning the Big 12 after losing both AD and Bomar, but you can't honestly tell me that you think OU is better than Texas.
Who da champ? Who da champ?

Also: Could I gets me some odds on Pete Carroll coming out and saying that his team still deserves to play for the national title?

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
If the Gators do not play in the title game, the BCS is broken.

Gators' opponents have the highest winning percentage in all Div. 1, and they won the championship of the toughest conference in college football. Michigan had the weaker schedule, AND they had their shot already.

Go Gators!

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
well, if I look at it this way, it seems to me that Ohio State will beat it's opponent, they've beaten everyone so far

in such an instance it becomes a 'what if' they had faced someone else? could that someone else have beaten them? Like when we got stuck with an out of place Oklahoma team instead of Auburn, or when Oklahoma lost, but then didn't drop and kept USC out of the title game

except this time, there's no 'what if' we already know that Michigan lost, and theres only one way to find out if Florida would win or lose so hopefully, that course becomes clear to the voters, that Michigan should stay put now in doing nothing to correct the COLOSSAL SCREW UP of them staying put when they LOST

I'm still steamed about that if you hadn't noticed

LonghornRob

Diabloii.Net Member
Sooners beat Huskers and take Big 12 Crown! :jig:

Cry me some tears Longhorn ... :laughing:
What for? It doesn't matter to me who won that game because we still beat both of them earlier in the year. Remember 28-10? And it's not like I just now realized Texas wasn't in the Big12 Championship. The whining for that would have been last week. Have fun beating Boise State!

And as far as "what would Michigan v. OSU prove since Mich already lost"... The National Championship isn't catered towards "give this team a chance!" It is, however, catered towards who is #1 and who is #2. If Michigan still looks like the 2nd best team then they shouldn't get booted just b/c "they already had a chance!". If anything, that game proves they SHOULD have a rematch. It was a nailbiter at the end and one or two plays determined the final outcome. I'd say they looked pretty evenly matched. Who cares if Florida "doesn't get a shot". They aren't the 2nd best team in the nation, Michigan is. Both the human polls agree as does the computer polls.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
I am of the opinion that Michigan is not the second best and that it was an immensely stupid mistake to think they were ever the best one-loss team

skihard

Banned
I have 2 reasons why Michigan should go to the title game.

One is because every football writer, coach and maybe fans knows that the home team in a game is said to go into the game with a 3 point advantage. If this is even remotely true in football then Michigan lost only because of the Home Field advantage that Ohio State received. Well that and a stupid penalty but that is in the past.

Two is because everyone wants a playoff system of some kind, they have been wanting I for oh at least 15 years now and instead we got this BCS crap with voting and computers and ****. Perhaps Maybe if Michigan goes to the BCS game and plays Ohio State some, maybe many someones will take a step at the foolishness of the BCS that still ends up with split National Champions, with favoritisms and the garb and put an eight team playoff system into place.

Three let us say Michigan goes and actually beats the team everyone says is a run away with the BCS, is the system then still flawed? In my opinion yes, but only because I want a playoff system.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Michigan had the weaker schedule, AND they had their shot already.
How did Michigan already have their shot? I wasn't aware of the national title game that Michigan already played and lost. I think this is one of the worst arguments out there. If Florida had lost last night, no one would be making it.

The national title game is for the #1 team to play the #2 team, nothing more. It should not cut against Michigan that they've already played Ohio State.

Gibbzilla

Diabloii.Net Member
How did Michigan already have their shot? I wasn't aware of the national title game that Michigan already played and lost. I think this is one of the worst arguments out there. If Florida had lost last night, no one would be making it.

The national title game is for the #1 team to play the #2 team, nothing more. It should not cut against Michigan that they've already played Ohio State.
I don't see what Michigan has done to indicate that they're the second best team in college football. They've beaten Notre Dame, who obviously wasn't who everyone thought they were, beat Wisconsin, and played a close game with Ohio State. Florida has the toughest schedule in college football bar none. It's beyond me where people got the idea that Michigan is any more qualified to play in the BCS title than Florida.