Usamah's Veno\Returnomancer Guild Ver 1.0

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
gvandale said:
It's never too long. Make it informative. see how easy that is?

awesome.
you're right but people do like more details about each choice, and of course there's a lot of other good choices but that was what I've wanted this merc to be.

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
again, take it as help. in my poison / summon guide i gave suggestions for merc gear because I didn't want to say:

I have a defiance / holyfreeze merc wearing:
UM/CHAM COA
'STONE' ETH SUPERIOR ARCHON
'DOOM' ETH POLE

That's assanine (sp)

g

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
gvandale said:
again, take it as help. in my poison / summon guide i gave suggestions for merc gear because I didn't want to say:
g
you've convinced me M8 :buddies:
I'll add a more depth section to the merc gear alternatives soonly:)
PS: I like stone on merc very much, I've made one on eth superior sacred armor it has 3486 defence :drool: my sorc defiance merc has with it 20 k defence and with barb cry he has ~40 k defence :evil:

Jesus gvandale, make your own guide and leave this poor guy alone. You've been on his jock ever since this guide came out. I don't see your guide anywhere, and until I do, I would much rather hear what this guide's author has to say. Jeez, you flame more than a *** pride parade.

poeticlykist

Diabloii.Net Member
err actually he does have a guide :thumbsup:
in fact, its a very very similar guide (same builds) that he posted before this guide was. in the sticky up top the two guides are stickied together. see page 1 for arguements. i'm actually using his guide (maybe?) to build my first ladder char (sighh it sucks starting over with no items to twink with...) although there are more replies to this post (im not sure why) personally i felt g's to be better written. personal preference. prolly frustration writing guide and then later having a very similar one pop up. (then again this build is so genius who wouldn't eventually think it up :winner: )

darnocpdx

Diabloii.Net Member
Just so you know thorns damage doesn't stack like you seem to assume when you descibe the effects of Bramble. It is considered 2 different attacks one from thorns and one from spirt of the barbs. At least this is what is said about stacking IM and an iron golemn in the spell description of IM on Arraet Summit, if you add IM to the mix 3 different attacks. Add a IG it'd be four different return damage attacks.

There is really no difference either way in tallyiing the damage results though, so perhaps I'm just splitting hairs here.

Nest

Diabloii.Net Member
I didn't read all 9 pages, so excuse if this has been brought up:
You explicitely advise to Um the hat and to put a poison facet in Trang's wing. I don't see why you would do that when you could just as well put the facet in the hat and use the Um or even a PDiamond in the shield. This would give you better resists and might even save you an Um.

witheredx

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm relatively noob, but I was thinking, wouldn't an Offensive mirc from A2 be best with Infinity, giving him the Conviction aura? It might help the skellies kick ***, and also give the first corpse when facing strong PIs?

salvo

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you face Lister and its gangs? My skellies died in secs so I have to use hit and run because they can't be cursed with Attract, etc.

Kirah

Diabloii.Net Member
salvo said:
How do you face Lister and its gangs? My skellies died in secs so I have to use hit and run because they can't be cursed with Attract, etc.
Have you tried Decrepify? Add Gumby to mix and they look like time lapse photography and do half damage. Maxxed skellies are pretty hardy folk and having a layer of skellie magi behind them seems to work well for me. I usually end up just standing there and casting decrep until the skellies toast them. Also in the previous waves of monsters (council members / daemons), reviving them makes for a potent army add-on to your skellie army. Good hunting! Kirah

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member
I like the guide over all, have not finished mine yet, he doing like 8k damage with -90 resist without lower resist curse. I find that in 1-2 player games he is hella fast, faster than my fishy or hdin. Everything (except immunes) die from a single nova, run forward and spam, run forward and spam, monsters die off screen. I mean it kills faster than anything I have ever seen (not boss wise). However, after I hit 3+ players damage effectiveness goes down unreal fast. I think this is due to the 2 second poison time, so if it starts taking more than a single nova (2-3) then kills start taking 6 seconds plus. My fishy (with max mages) is hella faster in full games, and against bosses, but for running alone or with a single buddy the poison hybrid is hard to beat for kill speed.

maiku

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Usamah's Veno\Returnomancer Guild Ver 1.0

Do you find the addition of Thorns to be really all its worth and praise in this build? I've wondered about that on my Poison/Summoner.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, thorns isn't the main strength of bramble, it's just a bonus. The main bonus is +25-50% poison damage. That's ALOT. Beats any bunch of resists and small +skills.

danc133

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry but i hate to say this but your talking rubbish. You have obviously not tried this build yourself. I just finished the entire game solo without any boosts or groups and it was like a stroll in the park on ladder. That is without high end gear. Curses and careful play with your minions is the key. Biggest mistake for most is just blindly leading your minions into a room/area expecting them to just do the rest without help or strategy.

Full or Partial Trangs shouldn't be too hard to get couple with this build imo it probably the easiest and safest builds to play for PvM. D-clone was a breeze (without being too big headed ) :surprise:

I just revisited this guide and re-read thru all the posts so thought I might as well respond. I realize this is ancient history but figure I might as well.

When I first posted this it WAS NOT rubbish for the simple fact assembling bramble in SP was difficult due to the high runes. That being said it is much easier now in v1.13 though still not a piece of cake. To this day getting the 3 pieces of trang's on an untweaked player isn't as simple as it is made out to be without a bunch of MF runs. I will say that a poison/summoner hybrid is a good build and can easily finish the game in todays version. If you tweak your toon and use atma or another SP muling program it can be much easier.

In todays game a poison/summoner is still a good build, but the thorns damage from bramble in an 8/player game is weak even with amp. Monster's HP are in general are so much higher then their physical damage the thorns return is no big deal even if you stack it with the spirit of barbs. (BTW the damage does stack unlike what was said in another post verified by onderduiker.) Another point is if there is a thorns aura present it will not stack with an IG's and if the IG remains alive and the other thorns aura is removed it will have 0 damage returned unless the item it was created from includes it (ie attacker takes damage of...). If you are using the bramble for the +% to poison that is a good thing but to think the thorns really makes a difference in a high player count you are going to be disappointed.

Having played a hybrid both ways in SP I personally have found that with lower lvl gear adding to SM b4 maxing the last poison synergy makes this build stronger. I maxed p/e last after the first 5 points, because I rarely used it. A strength dagger using PD on bosses and high hp critters, helped more then thorns ever would. (TY nightfish)

Times change and opinions vary of course but to say a post is rubbish because you disagree with it is bad manners where I come from. I still stand by my original post for the time it was written and to this day bramble is not easy to come by in SP unless all you do is play the game and have no real life. Is it achievable yes of course but too many IMO throw around really high end runewords like they are ancient's pledge.

Vent concluded, back to you're regularly scheduled stuff.

First round is on me! :guiness:

D!

Curall

Diabloii.Net Member

This looks like a nice combo, gonna have to try it