Usamah's Veno\Returnomancer Guild Ver 1.0

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
@Roach: thank you for the correction :thumbsup:
@Viterlardo: sorry my character is on sp mode, but I can ensure you with this build you'll domain the whole game and you'll see other players whisper to each other that they're NOT usefull at all :lol: go go my love necro
@Wuffhacker: I have listed cheap alternative gear for poor ppl, but if you'r totaly noob then you should try to get gear from Giveaway (Necro fund)

WuffWhacker

Diabloii.Net Member
usamahanas said:
@Wuffhacker: I have listed cheap alternative gear for poor ppl, but if you'r totaly noob then you should try to get gear from Giveaway (Necro fund)
The problem is that this build is *nowhere* near as viable as it sounds without the absolute top-end stuff. It may be viable for any normal monsters, but there are many potential boss/champ packs and/or quest bosses that will ruin the day of someone that makes this build and isn't filthy rich, especially in Hell.

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
WuffWhacker said:
The problem is that this build is *nowhere* near as viable as it sounds without the absolute top-end stuff. It may be viable for any normal monsters, but there are many potential boss/champ packs and/or quest bosses that will ruin the day of someone that makes this build and isn't filthy rich, especially in Hell.
I don't agree with that unless you're VERY poor and that's a problem to each build even a poor fishymacner will have problems in hell, that's how 1.10 works they made MF easier and the game more items dependent.
PS: I have leveled ths character till clvl 87 I think without any über-gear then I have upgraded him to full trang set till 91 (full set sucks sucks anyway) and at last I've upgraded him with Death's Web and bramble.

WuffWhacker

Diabloii.Net Member
usamahanas said:
I don't agree with that unless you're VERY poor and that's a problem to each build even a poor fishymacner will have problems in hell, that's how 1.10 works they made MF easier and the game more items dependent.
My poor skellymancer soloed Hell (sans maggot lair and act 3). No problems. Best items are a +3 summoning amulet and an Arm of King Leoric my wuff found. Everything else, the necro found. He has +3 all skills, and +7 to summoning.

Soloing included the Ancients and Baal's Minions - no monsters parked and no retreating, either.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
WuffWhacker said:
Noob question:

How seriously do players take guides that require eight (!) valuble hybrid (!) +offensive (poison/bone) GCs? Since this is very much akin to an 11K Blizzard sorc, I take it with about as much salt as that build - that is, not very viable, especially not to semi-casual players, as the guide emphesises something that only a minority of players can actually achieve.

Personally, I find guides that do NOT depend on excessively expensive equipment to be much more valuble. If the results of the insane "abuse" of charms is included as an aside, then all would be well. This is just my opinion on over-specialized guides as a relative newbie.
A poison/skelly hybrid does not require +skills gcs. I only use 2 +summonings (to meet the next skelly breakpoint) and I kill fine in hell, and this is a "twinked one" in my eyes.

My first 1.10 build was a p/s and I took him on ladder through hell with only a +3 raise skeleton wand, a vipermagi, a golemlords ammy and sigons shield. Rare mf boots and gloves and a nagel and a mf rare ring as well too ;). Peasant Crown was my best friend back then. I found all the above equipment, if that matters to you.

Kyo

Diabloii.Net Member
HE has spoken..!!! :D

Necrochild was the one that inspired me to try this hybrid and tbh i am so glad he did.!!

It probably one of the best Necro builds for PvM (imo)

Here a few words from the man himself.

"GAHAHAHASHHAHd gimmmmmiiieee Fleshripper!! dfafksdfm"

LOL - everytime i see that.

Kyo

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh forgot about the guild. Good layout and account for this build. Felt you covered the core elements fairly well. Kept the whole thing brief and easy to read. so nice job :thumbsup:

Still while it not patent or anything my Poison Hybrid a little different than most (only slightly). Hope to finish my guide some time soon basically my build requires the full 110 SP. Maxing 3 poison skills and the 2 RS and SM and the normal of one pointers.

Curses - Due to point restrictions i got the core skills from Amp- Decrep (right hand side of tree) left out LR as i got it from items i was using. Levelling fairly fast and pretty easy too. I left out revives as i have not needed them (so far).

Kyo

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
you probably won't need revives Kyo, skeletons seem to handle things pretty well on their own.
Yeah was just thinking that. Most guides that touch on Skeletons emphesised that skeletons will starting having bother with hell on certain mobs however N-Fish did mention that if u get your skeleton skills high enough u probably finish the game using them alone. It certainly starting to look that way. :thumbsup:

One thing that i would recommend in the guide is emphesis of clay in skills as i presume he included under preq?

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
Kyo said:
One thing that i would recommend in the guide is emphesis of clay in skills as i presume he included under preq?
you're right and thanks for the note :thumbsup: , I should make it clearly in the summoning tree that clay golem ISN'T a pre-request. But on the strategy section I've mention clay golem for his slow attack.

GordusMxus

Diabloii.Net Member
Dont dis thorns mercs

>>Note: Don’t try to hire a thorns merc, his aura is very weak and it won’t benefit you!<<

I strongly disagree with this statement. First of all, I believe the max aura output of this merc is lvl 18 thorns, which is not shabby. Secondly, I've built two similarly equiped lvl 80 summons necros- the first a zookeeper style with a thorns merc and the second a pure summoner with might merc. The might merc was a mighty letdown- noticably slower minion kill power even though the skels were much stronger than the hybrid skels.
The thorns merc speeds up killing power of minions 50% over might (both combo'd with amp damage.) I believe I'm the only advocate of the thorns merc in this forum so I feel obligated to point out that it is a least as good as might, and IMHO is better. As to the other merc auras, I cant say, havent tried them.

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
GordusMxus said:
so I feel obligated to point out that it is a least as good as might, and IMHO is better.
In your opinion it is, and this isn't your guide, so no need for your opinion that is not related to this guide. Thanks for stopping by. bye.

Toubo(Pg)

Diabloii.Net Member
i guess if the guide writer excluded the thorn merc, it is because thorn IS included in bramble ^^ (if u dont have bramble, fell free to try i guess ^^)

just a small idea now.
im trying to build a necro pretty much like this one, and i got several ideas...

i spend 1 hour at drognan in hell to get some staves and here r my finds
+3 bone/poison +3 poison nova +1 attract (save 2-3 skill point, no need for confused attract/ blind) with 10% FC.
+2 bone/poison 1 decrepify 1 -rez curse (save all point in the curse tree but 1 for Amp(2 if you want blind))
+3 bone/poison 1 -rez curse (only 3 points in curse tree for decrepify, maybe 4 if u want blind)
(plus several good +3 summon staff to switch with)

idealy of course, i would assemble a white +3 nova +3 -ennemie rez curse +3 revive (that way i dont put any point at all in the summoning tree sort of RS 1 clay SM 1 GM 1 minion rez) it is unlikely of course but well... ^^

easier to find is 3 bone/poison 1-3 nova and 1-3 -rez% curse 1-3 summon, because it can be bought (and you can get lucky and get 20% FC with it, or other stuff too) . socket that with 2 facet... and u got a got alternative to deathweb.
I dont know how hard is a deathweb to find, but well, with this alternative, you can be a perfect fishmancer/perfect poison necro !!!

(and if you really wanna spare point, make a white +3 squely, +3 SM, +3 clay or GM for your switch, that way you can save the points for bone armor lol, or find a +3 summon head with bone armor ^^)

that way you can end up with :

2-3 in curse tree amp decrepify (+1 for blind if u like)
62 in poison (no bone armore)
45 in summon (max RS and SM, 1 clay, 1 GM and 1 minion rez)
for a rought total of 109-110 points lol

maybe not that easy to complete.... but well, being a full fishy/venommancer has a price :p

and yes you lose some -venom rez%, but with 2 more slots for facets in your wand (assuming u r damn lucky :p) your not losing that much especially if you get a +3 poison nova +3 bone wand!

that is my small input, unlikely to be achievable, but so much fun to think about :)

usamahanas

Diabloii.Net Member
the first point about thorns merc he's useless, and for bramble don't forget the charges they give 270% thorns dmg and that's equal to +9 skill point to the thron aura from bramblr;)
about your idea Toubo(Pg) with a magic wand socketed with two poison facet it's good but there's some disadvantages:
1: 2 rainbow facets aren't that easy to get to socket a magic wand with them, use those facets to socket trang shield and a helm or armor of your choice is better IMO
2: to socket a magic wand you have to sacrify a scoketing quest!! and the result isn't always to have 2 sockets. Thw socketing quest (I think) have equal probability to have 1 or 2 sockets on a magic item.
So all in all I don't think ppl will accept to do something like this!
And better than that as I mentioned in the gear section to have a white runeword on a wand with +3 Pnova *and if you're lucky to find* some other bounuses till you find your self death's web good luck :thumbsup:

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
the socket quest randomly gives 1 or 2 sockets in magical items. too risky as mentioned. blackbogs is a great secondary item to dweb.

g

Toubo(Pg)

Diabloii.Net Member
actually i trully believe that it is far more reallistic to find a death web, even with good mods, than to find a good wand 3 bone 3nova 1 summon 1 lower rez 20% FC and to socket it to get 2 hole (if lucky ;)). but well, it is just the fun of having a prefect fishy/venom necro :)
i still bought really good wand yesterday.
i have a question (just to be sure)
with a +3 summon +3minion rez wand, if i summon with it my minion get the bonus from the +skill and after switching they still retain it right ?
is it possible to find a +3summon with mods like SM or raise squelettes ? im buying wands and i NEVER see lvl1 and 6 spell on them, only lvl 12 an above.
so the best summon wand would a +3 minion rez +3 GM +3 IG of FG (or mage after all u have no point in it with my wand :p) *
to find an head with juste the +3 summon mod isnt that easy ^^

How is this even a clicky under usamah's name? The credit all goes to gvandale, i read his guide a few weeks back and it's pretty much the exact same thing.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
smokey[dead] said:
How is this even a clicky under usamah's name? The credit all goes to gvandale, i read his guide a few weeks back and it's pretty much the exact same thing.
check page one for that agrument

*kicks admin for 60 second rule*

Kyo

Diabloii.Net Member
It funny how people are quick to post when they have most probably not even read the earlier postings. Btw 9 month of examining your avatar Nc but i still cannot figure what on earth it is.

p.s FlllllleeeeeeshhhhhhhhhrippppAAA ownz SAM!