Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Build] Usain Bounty - The fastest bow in the west

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by Lachtobi, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Lachtobi

Lachtobi Diabloii.Net Member

What began as a post about a synergy I discovered has turned into a go-to reference for Demon Hunter speed builds - that is, builds designed to completing bounties and clearing trivial content as fast as possible.

Wrecking Ball

Combo
    : Warzechian Armguards + Shruiken Cloud
    Description: Destroy objects, get more legendaries, and run like the winds

View attachment 5542

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skillPlanner/RGVtb25IdW50ZXIrNzArMCswKzExMTIxNSsxMjkyMTIrMzY1MzExKzEyOTIxMyswKzArUnVuZV9EK1J1bmVfQytSdW5lX0QrUnVuZV9FKzE1NTcxNCsyMTgzODUrMjE4MzUwKzArMQ==

• Try to always hug walls, trees, bushes etc. when you move - it greatly increases the chance of Shruiken Cloud destroying wreckable objects
    • The grenades coming from Strafe's Demolition rune home in on wreckable objects far beyond the range of Shruiken Cloud - use whenever you have excess hatred to further boost your speed (and chance of legendaries)

Vaultastic
    Credit: Wolfpaq777

Combo
    : Danetta's Spite + Danetta's Revenge
    Description: That 2-set bonus really is the Enigma of D3

View attachment 5543 View attachment 5544

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skil...lX0ErUnVuZV9EKzArMTU1NzE0KzIxODM4NSswKzArMQ==

• To optimize movement, get used to clicking Vault at fixed intervals instead of just spamming it - once you get the rhythm down there will be very little lag between Vaults
    • Keep Bat and Preparation on cooldown unless Health Globes are nearby

Fearminator
    Credit: Hardrock

Combo: Kridershot + Rechel's Ring of Larceny
    Description: The more you fear, the faster you run

View attachment 5545 View attachment 5546

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skil...lX0ErUnVuZV9EKzArMTU1NzE0KzIxODM4NSswKzArMQ==
    Other items to look for

• Strafe
      • Hexing Pants of Mr. Yan - Strafe does damage while moving, so not only do these boost your damage but also makes everything cheaper
      • K'mar Tenclip - a decent weapon for most intents and purposes, and always Strafing at +100% movement is a handy bonus for a build that tries to move fast

View attachment 5547 View attachment 5548

• Fire Damage
      • Cindercoat - reducing the hatred cost of fire spells by 20-30% goes a long way to making you 'go infinite'. I strongly recommend this for any build based on fire spells

View attachment 5549

• Blood Vengeance
      • Razor Strop - the more health globes you pick up the more uptime you can have on your hatred spenders. This belt lets you to do some non-trivial AOE damage in the process
    View attachment 5550

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Elly likes this.
  2. Elly

Elly Administrator

Loving the name:)

I recently collected over 100 caches to open in a big glorious session. I wasn't really very Usainy though.

3. Lachtobi

Talk about a bad time to disconnect.

Played some more with the build today, found myself defending normal rifts over torment because of an empirical sample size of 3 legendaries. This thing really is becoming a slippery slope.

4. rickoqc

rickoqc Diabloii.Net Member

Gonna try this! Please keep posting, I like!

5. rickoqc

I can farm T2 with this build! Tanx! Been soloing t2 rift open area hehe

6. Lachtobi

Found a near-perfect (797%) Blackfeather and ran 10 runs with it. As it turns out, Blizzard's supposed hotfix stating that Blackfeather...

Now properly has an internal cooldown on its Legendary affix proc.

Is someone of an april's fool's joke. What they actually meant to say is: "Its Legendary affix proc now no longer triggers off dodged melee attacks, but very often against ranged attacks." In testing I've had 3+ rockets shoot off simultaneously, so if there is an ICD it's very low. Regardless, as I've discovered the cloak doesn't really do much for the build outside of ranged champion packs - you're simply moving too fast for it to proc consistently - and as such I've removed it from recommendation.

On the other hand, Cindercoat has turned out to be a real gem - especially if you're trying out higher difficulties where sustainability becomes an issue. It doesn't benefit Shruiken Cloud which is a big portion of your DPS, but the cost reduction to Strafe - Demolition is very noticeable. I've added it to the gear recommendations.

7. rickoqc

Yeah i need to find cindercoat...im running a 791% blackfeather and the procs arent happening often...

8. Lachtobi

My idea of Blackfeather was contingent on it actually proccing off melee, and seeing as that's not happening it's actually worse than a random yellow chest with Strafe damage. When they actually fix it (counter-hotfix?) that might change though.

9. Wolfpaq777

Wolfpaq777 Well-Known Member

For purely speed running do you think tenclip beats danetta's? Also, have you considered the hot pursuit passive?

For long periods of movement, I've found permavault to be very nice. In theory, you only need to tap strafe briefly to activate the speed boost from warzechian. I also noticed that many of the times you were strafing you were moving in a tight circle, which of course helps you take advantage of shuriken cloud, but doesn't necessitate the extra strafe movement speed from tenclip. Thanks for the build. Great ideas. I'm going to have to try this out tonight. With a few modifications

-Replace nightstalker with hot pursuit
    -Replace perfectionist with archery (love the double bonus for dual weilding hand crossbows)
    -Replace prep:focused mind with prep:punish

I'll let you know how it goes. I've got danetta's, warzechian, cindercoat, 7% resource reduction on shoulders, 10% resource reduction from paragon points. I feel like pride's fall could be another item worth adding to your "worth mentioning" list.

It's going to be hard to give up the nemesis bracers which I consider mandatory for farming, but for speed runs I realize that elite kills is not the goal.

Here's my profile (not set up for speed running atm): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wolfpaq777-1423/hero/3159625

Edit: Ran the build. It's awesome. Thanks for the ideas! Triple boosting speed (vault + warzechian + hot pursuit) is insane. Super fun.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  10. rickoqc

Another question here...i have a cluckeye bow and a izzucob 1hxbow...what would you take...i the attack speed a good thing?? I made some tests, I cant choose wich one I prefer...

11. Lachtobi

Happy you like it! It really is quite bonkers.

Regarding your suggested skill rune changes, it really is just a question of finding the limit of movement speed while still retaining a healthy hatred and discipline pool. For normal bounties I doubt you'd be able to vault endlessly with those changes, but if boosting someone on T6 I would build towards something like that as well. Gear and the content you're doing makes the difference.

Regarding choice of weapon, I'd go with Cluckeye - Shruiken Cloud and the Demolition grenades are the main sources of your damage, and both are based on weapon damage. Granted, you do throw out a few more grenades with a faster weapon, but it seems marginal.

12. Wolfpaq777

Wolfpaq777 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was instakilling everything on expert except purples and certain troubling yellows so I didn't really need resource management. Personally I wouldn't be using strafe at all on higher difficulties, but if you've got the gear for it then more power to you.

Is cluckeye awesome? I found it, got a terrible roll and salvaged it in disgust. Perhaps I should have kept it to try it out?

13. rickoqc

I like the fact that the dmg number is higher (vs my izzucob) and its always funny to throw chickens @ Malthael!
    I still think DH need more dmg pr abilities orange affixes on bows...but its great for that farming strafe build

14. HardRock

HardRock Diabloii.Net Member

Nothing beats Danetta's for pure speedrunning. Use the 'Vault' / 'Action Shot' + 'Nightstalker' combo to fuel your Discipline pool as much as you can while you zip around, then convert what you get into more Hatred with 'Preparation' / 'Punishment'.

It may not be the goal, but I still like to keep one with myself at all times and switch before I pick up shrines.

As for the build, K'mar seems like an obvious choice for any Strafe build, until you consider how much of a resource hog Strafe is with it. I much prefer any 2h Crossbow to it for builds like this, although for Normal farming K'mar is nice for the the extra movement speed. Later however I'd switch it out for anything slower, as Hatred upkeep becomes more of an issue.

I wish the devs would have kept the original effect of K'mar, that made Strafe completely free. By countering the largest drawback of a fast hand crossbow it would have become the definitive Strafe weapon. Now it's only a drifting shadow of its former self...

For speedfarming I much prefer Multishot builds to be honest and I used something like this with great success:

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skil...rUnVuZV9EKzArMTU1NzE0KzIxODM4NSsxNTU3MjUrMCsx
    The idea is to position yourself well, clear a whole screen with one Multishot and be screens away by the time enemies realize what happened to them. Naturally, you'd need Warzechian, Cindercoat, Emimei's and Pride's Fall for this build to really shine. If Warzechian won't be procced by Multishot itself (most of the time it will, as it's hard not to destroy something with it), then it will be by the rockets you shoot off after (they can target any destroyable objects around you).

The 'Imminent Doom' rune of Bolas can be another good choice. Without Cindercoat I would fall back to the 'Fire at Will' rune of Multishot and maybe 'Tumble' for Vault. What you put in the open skills slots are up to you, but I've found that at lower difficulties 'Rain of Vengeance' / 'Shade' or 'Fan of Knives' / 'Pinpoint Accuracy' can be extremely effective for quick Elite kills and that later the 'Ambush' passive helps a lot with guaranteeing instant screen clears with Multishot.

15. Lachtobi

16. EquiLa

EquiLa Diabloii.Net Member

Some other considerations:

Smoke Screen - Displacement
    Multishot

I've tested some runs with Strafe aswell but when you're running at a level where you can one-shot with Strafe you can also do it with Multishot and that clears the whole screen. When using 2x Danetta and permavaulting you can tap the Smoke Screen on every cooldown for that extra 100% movement speed. In my current speed set I reach 55.4% resource reduction aswell as the 24% from Cindercoat so its usually enough to break even on resources with the globes from the elites I pass. Done some testing on A1 bounty bag farming solo and I can average 5 minute runs over an hour so it seems quite stable even with bad luck with both routes and healthglobe drops.

I understand that it does required quite some gear but hopefully it gives someone some ideas on how to improve :)

Build I'm using:
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skil...fQSsyMTgzODUrMTU1NzE0KzE1NTcyMisxNTU3MjUrMQ==

17. HardRock

My new favorite speedfarming build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HardRock-2380/hero/38223461

Kridershot and Rechel's Ring of Larceny has amazing synergy if you use the Screaming Skull rune of Elemental Arrow, which is a good idea anyway if you're geared for Fire damage. I actually think this combo is better than Danetta's at higher difficulties.

18. rickoqc

Hardrock any chance you could upload a video of this build? I would really like to see how it goes! The synergy with bow and ring seems awesome!

19. HardRock

I may do that later. Would doing the Bounties for one Act be enough for a demonstration or should I do all Acts?

20. Lachtobi

Great find on that combo - I'd like to see that as well.

On a more general note, the replies in this thread has identified a range of speed combo builds that all deserve mention. I'll update the OP to reflect this.