Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

US gives food aid to North Korea

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DrunkPotHead, Jun 22, 2005.

1. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

2. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

"Ereli said the United States gave North Korea 50,000 tons last year and 100,000 tons the year before."

3. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

that's BS. we should just let them starve until they revolt or crack or somehow give in. all they want is for us to pay them to cooperate. Instead we should keep cracking down on their illegal sources of revenue.

4. kamendex

kamendex IncGamers Member

Ya you can say that to a bunch of starving kids, who's government isnt feeding them, while you eat your ****ing big-mac.

They wont revolt because their Government will massacre them without remorse.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

I think I prefer diplomacy to shouting and waving a big stick where nuclear powers are concerned.

6. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

there is 1 million starving soldiers and only one dictator. if they didn't want to live in such a regime I can't imgine it would be so hard to change it. but they don't. because pride is more important than freedom. they're all brainwashed and the only way to break them is from the inside. Just like the soviets, they will eventually break as well. I say wait them out. giving kim jong il what he wants doesn't solve any problems. don't you want the kids to stop starving some day?

7. kamendex

kamendex IncGamers Member

The soldiers dont starve...

They are brainwashed and dont know what the problem is with their country, they think Kim Jong can ****ing fly, and is the smartest person in the world.

So why would they try to overthrow him.

The soviets didnt break, they just lost their communist regime.

They are still powerful, and well fed.

We are just waiting for kim jong to die, why stop feeding his people?

he will die in a decade.

8. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy IncGamers Member

I think the U.S. should start a "Food for Nukes" program, it would kill two birds with one stone.

9. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Kimmy would refuse, saying it was disrespectful or something.

kamendex is correct.

Besides, why is this a discussion? The food will go to his army, and the most the populace will see is by-product.

I, too, am all for snuffing this Evil monster out of existence, but China is the key to that - if China stops all exports of non-foodstuffs to Kim, he'll be wriggling on a pike. As he should be.

10. SharnMes

SharnMes IncGamers Member

Hmmm so the US "helps" a dictatorship... Where have I headr that before.... :D

11. skihard

skihard Banned

Hey this is a great idea for the US. Give them food so that they can spend what little resources they have to develop longer ranged missiles to carry the nukes they are already spending most of their resources on.

On second thought give them so much food they get fat and lazy and then they can make a mistake and blow themselves up.

12. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

I wonder what would happen if instead of food we dropped off crack. Once we get the people addicted, they will overthrow the government to get more :clap:

13. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

Call me cold-hearted, but so the hell what. North Korea can wither away and die for all I care. Just what do they contribute to the world economy besides fear? If Kimmie wants to remain isolated and cut off from the world, then isolated and cut off his country shall be. The whole "my people are starving, give us food" bit is only sympathy bait. I don't have the time or resources to care for all 6 billion people on this planet, let alone 0.05% that happen to live under the rule of a dictator that doesn't care about them. Hell, we can't even stamp out hunger in our own country, since when does a different country deserve our efforts ahead of our own, especially if this country hates us and may have plans to send nukes at us?

And to make it even more laughable, the organization we supplied our food donation to has CRITICIZED us for donating too little?!? What would you do if the homeless guy you gave a dollar to, insulted you because you didn't five $5? I'm sorry... we had no obligation to give a damn thing... yet we gave 50,000 tons to a country that is arguably the worst on the planet and this is the thanks we get.

14. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Yeah, GPBH is right. All of the North Koreans wake up in the morning and go to their jobs of producing fear in exportable bundles, and laugh maniacally while doing it.

Oh. Well except for those who escape into Northern China and risk life and limb to break into embassies so they can claim refugee status. Or rather those that survive far enough and long enough to get to that point.

15. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

If the North Koreans are able to escape and get asylum somewhere, good for them. Meanwhile, it's purely circumstance that they were born where they were, and quite frankly, it sucks to be them I guess. It's not my job to support them, that's Kim's job. And if he's not up to the task, the population needs to do something about it. Nevermind how hard/impossible/unlikely it is. If they're not going to work to better themselves, then that's their own fault. This world is too damn crowded for me to care about everyone who has a problem. Period.