Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

US Election Thread.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Machina, Nov 3, 2006.

?

Deep Dish or Thin Crust?

1. Deep dish is the best!

53.8%
  2. Pfft! Thin Crust for me!

30.8%
  3. Whip cream pouring like waterfalls! P-I-ZZ-A! GIMME PIZZA!

23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Machina

Machina IncGamers Member

US Election Thread.

No thread on the US election yet? I'm a tad surprised. Oh well, my penchant for polls compels me to post just such a thread.

There has been quite a lot of press coverage of the election over here, mainly concerning 3 aspects of the election:

- The impact the election result will have on policy in Iraq.
    - The 'negative' campaign ads (which are certainly more entertaining than our ad campaigns).
    - Harold Ford Junior's campaign (the media over here are besotted with the guy, although anyone with his views running for election over here would be lynched by the media (not literally of course)).

The obvious question for the poll then:

How will you be voting?

2. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

None of your business. We still use secret ballots here.

Besides, I voted last week.

3. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

I can't vote... which is great since now I don't have to get so pissed off about the whole thing.

4. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

I went "other" since both/either wasn't an option.
    There are both Democrat and Republican candidates I'm going to be voting for.

5. Machina

Machina IncGamers Member

Posting is, of course, optional.

6. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I'll be voting independent for Texas governor, not because I like Kinky Friedman so much as I can't stand any of the other candidates.

Beyond that, I will probably go mainly Republican, with a few Dems mixed in.

7. Athelstan

Athelstan IncGamers Member

I live in the Memphis, TN area, so I've been getting the full brunt of the Corker/Ford campaign. I actually met Ford once, when he visited my high school . He seems like a nice guy, but the rest of his family are creeps, and he has been very careful to distant himself from them. Oh, and I vote Independent.

8. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Time to hold my nose...

EDIT - I figure waving a Republican vote in your poll will help make the OTF loons come out of the woodwork. If loons can live in woodwork.

9. Talga Vasternich

Talga Vasternich IncGamers Member

I'm just waiting to see the post about Irak that you're going to put up after the election.
    :point:

10. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I think Ralph Nader should have been an alternative. Or maybe Nader/MichaelMoore. After all, they stole important democrat votes last president run. :tongue:

11. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Halp! :laughing:

There will be two, but they won't be anything terribly exciting. At least to people who aren't natural obfuscaters.

12. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

Change to mainly Dem with a few Republicans and Kinky for Governor and that is pretty much where I stand. Also, I am excited because this is my first election when I can vote.

13. DPH

DPH IncGamers Member

I guess voting for a third-party candidate is against the rules. The two choices must be awful and ****ty.

14. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I'm so disgusted with this campaign I really don't want to vote, but I will anyways. Mostly Democratic, though I'm not all that happy with it.

15. Star Dust

Star Dust IncGamers Member

I will vote to oust all Congressmen/women who voted in favor of the bills I'm against (warrantless wiretapping, torture). That means I'm pretty much voting against all incumbents and for Democrats. I'm also voting 'yes' on Missouri Amendment 2.

16. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

I am not sure that i understand what you are saying. You are voting but you do not want to. Voting for democrats but youre not happy with it. What is the point to all of this? What exactly is your goal?

17. thejdawg2

thejdawg2 IncGamers Member

I'll be voting Green for Illinois governor (I actually support his stances on most issues, in addition to hating Topinka and disliking Blagojevich.). For the other elections, mostly democrat. I fear the wrath of the Chicago Democratic Machine!

18. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

I am unhappy with the candidates put forth before me. I don't like that I have to refer to voting for a candidate as "choosing the lesser of two evils." However, I find it important to involve myself in the democratic process. I've chosen not to vote in the past for these reasons and I'm no longer happy with that choice. I guess I don't feel I have any right to complain about what's going on if I don't involve myself and vote.

I've been very unhappy with the state of affairs lately, and I want a change. I will generally be voting against those currently in office as a result of the votes they have made. However, that doesn't mean that I feel the people I'm voting for are great candidates- just better than the current crop. My basic complaint was that no one worth voting for is ever stupid enough to run.

19. Road Ratt

Road Ratt IncGamers Member

I voted Other as I don't support either party, though it does look like this year I will be voting more Dem. than Rep. .

While nasty campaign ads have always been a part of politics this election year they reached an all-time low and in my opinion all politicians, Dem. and Rep., should hang their heads in shame for their complete and utter pettiness.

20. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

I vote we make the usa Canada's new province so it can be run properly, sort of.