Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

US East Server

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sammeixii, Jul 5, 2008.

1. sammeixii

sammeixii IncGamers Member

US East Server

For the past 18 hours I have been trying to access the US East server on bnet, and it has given me an error stating if I use a modem that I might need to connect to the internet first. The US West server allows me to log on and create a character, so I was wondering if there is a webpage that allows us to check the status of the different servers. I was thinking that the US East server might just have gone down over the holiday weekend and no one is there to restart it.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Sammeixii

2. sbn

sbn IncGamers Member

Re: US East Server

Two things may have happened. Were you doing anything prior to get a temp ban? Sometimes you get a temporary IP ban for excessive muling etc... This will be different than the usual one where you log in but you don't see your chars, but instead the message telling you to log in another time blah blah blah.

Second thing that may have happened, and seems to happen a lot for some reason, is the Battle.net registry keys get corrupted. Go to the Battle.net support forum, look under Diablo 2, then connection issues. They will have a link and instruction on downloading a new registry key and how to first remove the existing reg keys. If that does not work, then you have an IP ban which can last up to 72 hours. After that you need to contact Blizzard support.

3. sammeixii

Thanks for the help, when reviewing the battle.net support page on temporary restrictions it appears I may have gotten temp banned for going on baal runs. I should read the battle.net agreements closer next time so I know what not to do.

Thanks snb,
    Sammeixii

4. Soylentred

Soylentred IncGamers Member

or maybe not - this happened to me and I wasn't even in the game - I was sitting out with everyone else waiting for the ladder reset and I never could get that PC to connect to the servers again. I gave up after 5 days.
    Try the instructions for deleting the registration files.
    Doesn't sound like you did anything to get you banned for so long - my opinion is the servers are very flaky since the reset and patch.

5. hobbsc

hobbsc IncGamers Member

For what it's worth, I've been having lots of connection issues the past few days. I'd have to agree with the servers being potentially flaky.

6. sammeixii

Thanks for posting the input, I will go through and reinstall the game tomorrow if I am still unable to log on. That hopefully is what happened, because I had started thinking that they were going to be very strict about changing rooms. I will post an update tomorrow night if I get a chance to log back on after the 72 hour window should be up. If not then its back to the disks for yet another reinstall.
    Thanks,
    Sammeixii

7. Voorhees

Voorhees IncGamers Member

In theory, that should help...