Urlik's Rune Finder's Guide v2.0 released!

Humphrey

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just read the first three pages, and there is a problem with Table A. It shows different drop rates for each players setting, but p1+2, p3+4, p5+6, and p7+8 are the same for drops, as the extra players are unpartied. I think the table shows partied players not /p8 settings. However the hitpoints are the same for unpartied and partied players. So if I'm correct that whole section needs redoing, as the calculations will be wrong. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Atma shows partied players too btw.

Edit: I've just flicked through the rest, and all the other tables suffer from the same problem I assume too?

Edit: Other than that I thought it was great btw.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
I've just read the first three pages, and there is a problem with Table A. It shows different drop rates for each players setting, but p1+2, p3+4, p5+6, and p7+8 are the same for drops, as the extra players are unpartied. I think the table shows partied players not /p8 settings. However the hitpoints are the same for unpartied and partied players. So if I'm correct that whole section needs redoing, as the calculations will be wrong. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
Atma shows partied players too btw.

Edit: I've just flicked through the rest, and all the other tables suffer from the same problem I assume too?

Edit: Other than that I thought it was great btw.
*ressurect thread cast by poops*

Did this ever get straightened out? I'd kindof like to know.

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Urlik's Rune Finder's Guide v2.0 released!

Nice guide, I've read it a while back, but now I have a few comments:

- you focus too much on Zod, when Zod is actually pretty useless, since its used only for one runeword, that is not even that good.

- There is a trick you can do with the hellforge. Rush characters in CLASSIC, to hell, act 3, then convert to Expansion, and do the forges. This eliminates the lvl 40 restriction to pass NM ancients (except, Grushing). The only difficult part is act 3 where u have to collect those pieces.

Otherwise, very nice guide, very informative. I'd like to point out that on b.net running countess and Summoner servers a double purpose (add keys)

muzzz

Diabloii.Net Member

Unfortunately, Urlik doesn't seem to be around anymore :laugh:

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member

@Alecz: Zod is most rare, but he covers the chances for all runes

This guide was written for 1.10, where iirc there was no Chaos Tristram, and so no keys

This is the SPF, not battlenet, though we are aware that there are lots of perfectly duped high runes there, as you yourself have pointed out in many threads in the Community/Stats/Newcomer Forums

EBotD is an option for a Zod, but the general consensus is to make a Zod 40/15 40/15 ethTomb Reaver, with the jewels coming from DC's endless stock

4 years ago, when this guide was written, HF rushing was not as popular, and even now it is a hard slog, speaking from personal experience

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

(I feel like someone's watching me)

Don't get me wrong, the guide is very, very helpful and informative.

I mostly look to find a Lo... and for the record I got into the possession of a Zod on b.net which I gave to a guy after explaining him for about 15 minutes what dupes are, and that the Zod is very probably a dupe. He was pretty new, and had a Jade Talon (unique) or something that was etheral, wanted to put it on a trapper, whatever.

As for HF rushing, pls don't discourage me, I build a Forb rushing sorc in classic (lvl 28 right now), I started from scratch, so self-found, no-twink, but I can still solo CS-runs, and go toe-to-toe with big D.

My first LoD hell HF ever was an Ist, so... that got me a bit excited.

What's DC's endless stock? (diablo clone again?:sad2:)

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member

What's DC's endless stock? (diablo clone again?:sad2:)
:laugh: No...DC would be DarkChaos. Whatever item you want - he has it. Single Player. Self-found. Legit. Period.:wink3:

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member

@Grisu:Yeah, You are right, but from my point of view he is no longer human (if he ever was :scratch:) :grin:

Alecz

Diabloii.Net Member

HAHAHA!:grin:

So this DC is actually some "guy"... lol... okay then. Now I get it and I'm not sad anymore:flip:

Generally when i see people mentioning Annihilus or Diablo Clone, i get really depressed, because this was the reason i restarted playing Diablo, to find him and kill him. Now I know I WILL NEVER see him in a game, but I'm okay, cause I have the "uberz" on b.net for a challenge :smiley: - didn't know about them before I restarted!

Zoi

Diabloii.Net Member

Is there more up to date information on this subject?

FredOfErik

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice necro!

Try Fabian's Trav Barb Guide or read something about LK. That's the two most popular areas for rune hunting in SP nowadays.