Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ur fun chars

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by joepublic, Mar 6, 2004.

1. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

Ur fun chars

I consider my chargeadin, LA barb, and low vit kiksin among my "fun" chars. Tell me about ur "fun" chars. Are my "fun" chars "fun" for u?

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

My fun chars are summon nec, ww sin on the way, ww pvp barb, ww ik set barb. Chargeadin would be sorta fun for me, not the rest though.

3. joepublic

yeah, my summon nec is fun too, but, he's safe too play. the others i listed as fun are kinda tricky.

4. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

fun fun fun

When I want to kick a$$ and take names I play my masterpiece. He's a level 90 softcore non-ladder zealot that is just silly. I really went all out to equip him with the best of everything. When you play that character you feel mighty. Chaos sactuary,... owned. Extra fast mana burn physical immune ghost boss pack,... oh are they dead already? Black Soul Conviction bosspack,... I'll take care of them you wait back here. You get the idea.

Some highlights:

resists- 95 95 90 90
    50% physical dammage reduction
    75% blocking (with a 2 frame block rate of course)
    54% faster hit recovery
    16000 defence rating
    over 8500 max zeal dammage at 4 frames per attack
    25% crushing blow
    level 34 fanatacism
    level 15 conviction (-100% resists)
    level 15 sanctuary (the ultimate black soul killer)
    level 16 defiance bonus aura from my shield
    constant life tap (means you never die basicly)

I wish there were a way to move him to my hardcore ladder account. The people I play with would love that kind of high end back up :)

5. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

ww barb. i made him just to see if ww was still viable (it is) and packed on the resist (50-70%+ in hell) and leech (11-15%.) people would spazz out during baal runs when i actually did the bulk of the work and not just BO.

i made a mistake though, and put too much crushing blow (guillame's face, gore riders, and blood craft gloves) on him before people found out it doesn't work during ww.

also, i had a spare um rune so i made a crescent moon in a legend sword, which is perfect for ww bps.

later, i traded for a rare legend sword that had 200+ ed and ias, so i could go dual wielding, which was nice. :)

i retired him though because mob blocking is really pi$$ing me off. it effectively nerfs ww barbs by half, on top of fixing the crit strike bug (losing another half) and not giving ww any synergies (although zerk, frenzy and conc get like 200-400% additional ed.)

i may revive him someday if i get a mean botd, but i'm not holding my breath. i moved on to a hybrid LF/FA/GA/Valk/MS 20/20/17/12/3 burizon, which just rocks.

6. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

my bonecaster, IK barb, summoner druid , wind druid, fire druid, and ww druid.

7. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Eh, I get my kicks from challenging builds, and a pure passives melee zon has been quite a blast. Leveling is pretty much directly proportionate to the amount of cb/ow/stuff you have, since you're definately not going to get any physical damage whatsoever. So far, she's in her late 70s, i do believe. A5 hell :D

8. joepublic

Yeah they were unfair to ww. all the barb synergize are kinda weird. No cb on ww?!?!? NERF!!

I use my old LF/GA zon to clear the way for my other chars when i wanna hurry and get a quest.

whats mob blocking?

9. joepublic

yup summoner druid my next build.

10. joepublic

constant life tap??!!? how?! i want one!! how do u get such nice stats?

11. joepublic

ok, this is the sort of stuff i was hoping to see lots of. tell me more, gear, stats.

12. Superhal

all mobs in .10 get blocking, 13-66%.

13. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

I use a runeword shield called "Exile". It has a high chance to cast life tap with each hit. When you use zeal at max speed, it trigers constantly.

14. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Want challenges? Try pretty much any character hardcore untwinked. I just made the switch to hardcore ladder last week, and I'm having a blast. I've got my sorc up to level 72 now but haven't gone to hell yet. I have an awsome +2 to all skills,... talk about l33t! I've managed to get my mf up to 184, and I'm hanging around in nm untill I find a bit better gear before I move on to hell, because if you take too long to kill monsters they have more time to kill you. Knowing that death is final adds a sense of drama to the game that I really enjoy. Ya, it sucks to die (the first incarnation of this character died at 21 to a ghost bosspack in Arcane), but that makes living through a tough fight all the more sweet :)

15. Superhal

you might want to stop that char right now and use it to eq other chars. i saved a throwbarb in nm to do meph runs to outfit all my other hc chars.

otherwise, if you only play 1 char at a time and it dies, it's harder to get back in saddle.

16. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Ya, I'm being very methodical. Muling stuff constantly and bringing other characters along as well. I have a l32 summoning necro and a 24 concentrate barb that I'm working on too. The sorc is now up to 75, and has over 900 life, so I can do nm baal with my eyes closed. The only way I'll die is a nasty stair trap with bad mods. I won't go to hell for a while I think, because I want to have maxed resists when I do. I like a challenge,... but I'm not suicidal.

17. Clicky Pen

Clicky Pen IncGamers Member

Eh, I'm currently trying out hcl, but the challenge of being able to kill in hell is good enough for my zon. However, hcl has its perks, and my friend and I are currently going through norm, untwinked. I'm a fire druid, he's a frost zealot. Good stuff.

And whoever wanted the stats/skills/equip, well, it's my secret. It's based around the passion runeword, though.

18. Rejiu-II

Rejiu-II IncGamers Member

I had a masterfully equipped screamer barb, but now I just recently dissected. Outfitted with dual wizardspikes, que-hegan's, shako, mara's, frosties, gloom's trap, silkweaves, soj's, and lots of other mage-friendly equip.

back in .09 he'd get upwards of 3k mana, gaining around 50 mana per second regeneration.

was really nerfed in 1.1, hp and mana were basically cut in half. higher damage on war cry but it didn't make a difference cause monster HP was increased. never really killed anything, just leeched in cow runs.

19. joepublic

If ur not suicidal then neither are russian roullette players.

20. joepublic

LOL, now that's the heart and soul of a fun bnet char. Glad to see blizzard improved him, er, patched'em up. :)