Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upping Goldskin

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by superc0ntra, Mar 23, 2005.

1. superc0ntra

superc0ntra IncGamers Member

Upping Goldskin

Currently Using Goldskin on a lvl 77 Strafeazon. Is it worth upping to chaos armor.
    (I know it's not the best one out there but I like its looks and I'm in act 2 Hell and don't die too often)

2. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

In my opinion, NO.
    Once upgreded, the armor will give you something like 400 extra defense, but will require 140 strength. I don't think your Strafezon's strength is that high and you want to pump it that high. Also, Amazon doesn't have any defense increasing skills and don't rely on it at all.
    Still, if your strength is already 140 and you can't find a better use for Tal, Shael and PDiamond - upgrade. Just for fun.

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I would just get an upgraded Vipermagi.

4. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

Yeah, an umed pergect(35%) gives 50% res., great, i use it all the time,
    But for a zon?
    30% FCR is not so usefull for a zon!

5. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Maybe it's useful for casting Inner Sight, Slow Missiles and Decoy 3 frames faster? Getting Decoys out faster can save lives...

6. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

save your shael for your bow...the extra strength req to suitup won't justify the def gain.....the only thing that this armor has going for it is some resists...it is also a heavy armor...not the thing that a bowazon would choose to use...if you have made it as far as hell act 2 you should have a few pgems and runes saved up....try making a lionheart Hel + Lum + Fal(you can get all of these runes for about 15 pgems if you don't already have some)
    use a light elite armor like dusk/archon(may be too expensive) or i prefer scarab husk, wire fleece, wyrmhide or great hauberk if on a budget
    lionheart will give
    +20% Enhanced Damage
    Requirements -15%
    +25 To Strength
    +10 To Energy
    +20 To Vitality
    +15 To Dexterity
    +50 To Life
    All Resistances +30

if you are on east/ladder and you are having trouble getting the runes or armor to put one together pm me and i will help out

7. DudSpud

DudSpud IncGamers Member

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1][font=arial,helvetica][size=-1] I have to agree with superdave on this one - a runeword in a light armor is probably a better bet than upping the Goldskin. It has +35 res, and some good def, but is heavy. An elite light armor can have def as good even before making a runeword. And while I wait for the perfect archon to make Lionheart, I like a cheaper rune word:

Smoke
    Nef-Lum
    +75% Enhanced Defense
    +280 Defense Vs. Missile
    All Resistances +50
    20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Level 6 Weaken (18 Charges)
    +10 To Energy
    -1 To Light Radius

Good luck whatever you decide.
    DudSpud
    [/size][/font][/size][/font]

8. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

you can get a 2 os archon or dusk with close to perfect stats for next to nothing.....even though def is not really that important for bowzons i usually pop smoke in an eth archon just to see how long it lasts...i have gone for a couple months with one before it finally turned red....my offer still stands superc0ntra....i would be glad to help to help you out

9. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

cmon, hes into goldskin, let every man play for himself.
    most players are like students w/ school uniforms, its nice to see some varieties here and there. Imo, as long as youre doing ok you dont need to switch any gear.
    Keep in mind that goldskin has 35% all res.
    Id say if you got the strenght for it then upgrade it, the stuff required are cheap.

10. superc0ntra

superc0ntra IncGamers Member

Thanks all for your advice. I'll consider them before I make my choice. Superdave I play on EU but thanks anyways.

11. Sherlock

Sherlock IncGamers Member

I upped it and gave it to my Act 2 Defiance Merc, although it wasnt ehteral. Resists are nice, but with defiance, increased defence from armour itself and with Max Shout from my Barb, he is fine with surviving !