upping elites

ilovezons

Diabloii.Net Member
upping elites

I have read on vaioius sources that upgrading elites can only be done with a ladder character. I was just wondering if this is true or not; I'd rather not try it and end up losing my items.

The reason i disbelieve the ladder only rule is because lots of sites also list griffon's eye as a ladder only item, yet i play non-ladder and they do exist in non-ladder games.

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
You can't upgrade elites. You can upgrade exceptional rares/uniques to elites.

The reason you can find ladder only stuff in non-ladder is because when season 1 ended people from ladder mixed with non-ladder people and so everyone could get their hands on ladder-only items...Probably a lot of people itching to get their hands on Grief, Fortitude, etc. Also if you play singleplayer you'll also have acces to ladder-only items except for the 2 newest batches of runewords...

Welcome to the forums:)

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
PoorCobbler said:
:thumbsup: ilovezons, that is a greaaat name! :thumbsup:
Someone after my own heart!

BTW, welcome to these forums. I hope to see you around more!

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Also if you play singleplayer you'll also have acces to ladder-only items except for the 2 newest batches of runewords...
Hey, you sure about that?

So there are Griffon's Eyes and Tomb Reavers in single player?

zy009

Diabloii.Net Member
so all the rune words says only work on realm game and laddar also works on single player then, such as
Dragon Sur + Lo + Sol or
Infinity Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Liliel: Yes I'm sure:)...Yes there are many Griffon's Eyes and Tomb Reaver's in Single player you just have to find them yourself:)

zy009: Not all the runewords... If you check my quote in Liliel's post you'll see which ones can be found. The ones you mention are unfortunately not included in single player and are realm only:( Not that you'd be able to make them...dual Ber:)

Go here for more information on runewords and which ones can/can't spawn in Single Player if you're still in doubt.

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
Chimaira said:
Liliel: Yes I'm sure:)...Yes there are many Griffon's Eyes and Tomb Reaver's in Single player you just have to find them yourself:)

zy009: Not all the runewords... If you check my quote in Liliel's post you'll see which ones can be found. The ones you mention are unfortunately not included in single player and are realm only:( Not that you'd be able to make them...dual Ber:)

Go here for more information on runewords and which ones can/can't spawn in Single Player if you're still in doubt.
Mm i am pretty sure that ladder only items dont drop in single player, but maybe they changed that.

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
oscarmk1 said:
Mm i am pretty sure that ladder only items dont drop in single player, but maybe they changed that.
They indeed drop in single player, thats how it has always been

We don't have Annihilus and the new ladder runewords though