Uppgraded ribcracker

hawke_67

Diabloii.Net Member
Uppgraded ribcracker

Hi all.

Just need an awnser to a quick question. What's the level req for an uppgraded ribcracker?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
hawke_67 said:
Hi all.

Just need an awnser to a quick question. What's the level req for an uppgraded ribcracker?
That would be 65. ATMA seems to not add the +7 to clvl req in the clvl req display, I'm afraid. With some luck, there's already a newer version of atma somewhere... *finding google*

TopHatCat64

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete said:
That would be 65. ATMA seems to not add the +7 to clvl req in the clvl req display, I'm afraid. With some luck, there's already a newer version of atma somewhere... *finding google*
I'm not sure what version of ATMA you're using but it IS lvl 56. I should know, I actually upgraded it.

bast0s

Diabloii.Net Member
Ribcracker is a Quarter Staff. It becomes a Stalagmite when upgraded.
According to Arrea Summit :
Level 23 required for a quarter staff
Level 31 required for a Ribcracker (23 + 7)
Level 49 required for a stalagmite
Level 56 required for an up'ed Ribcracker (49 + 7)

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
bast0s said:
According to Arrea Summit :
Level 23 required for a quarter staff
Level 31 required for a Ribcracker (23 + 7)
Level 49 required for a stalagmite
Level 56 required for an up'ed Ribcracker (49 + 7)
Uniques have their own fixed Clvl requirements. Upgrading merely changes the current Clvl requirement by adding a bit to the highest one currently on the weapon/armor. Which is why Eth Zod'ed Upped Ribcrackers have a Clvl requirement of 78 (69 + 7).

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB said:
Uniques have their own fixed Clvl requirements. Upgrading merely changes the current Clvl requirement by adding a bit to the highest one currently on the weapon/armor. Which is why Eth Zod'ed Upped Ribcrackers have a Clvl requirement of 78 (69 + 7).

is it +7 or +9?

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
helvete, that is right, your Ruby jewel has a rlvl of 58, and the +7 is added after that. This can take people by surprise a bit, it is the only situation you can add something with rlvl X to something with rlvl Y and end up with rlvl higher than both X and Y.

Basically for upgrading (exc->elite) you accrue a +7 penalty. But that is the last thing that is applied. Normally an rlvl is the max of the base item rlvl, the rlvl of the mods on it, and the rlvl of anything socketed in it. And max is transitive (ie max(A,B,C) = max(max(A,B),C)). So when you socket something in an item, the new rlvl is max(rlvl of item, rlvl of socketed).
However, with upgrades you go from max(item, mods)+7 to max(item, mods, socket)+7.... which is not the same as max(max(item, mods)+7, socket) - because addition does not commute with the maximum operator, for those who are mathematically inclined.

So, to explain it all as a concrete example:

rlvl of Quarterstaff = 23
rlvl of Stalagmite = 49
rlvl of "Ribcracker mods" = 31
rlvl of Ruby jewel = 58
rlvl of Zod rune = 69

rlvl of Ribcracker = max(23, 31) = 31
rlvl of Ribcracker w/Ruby jewel = max(23, 31, 58) = 58
rlvl of eth Ribcracker w/Zod = max(23, 31, 69) = 69
rlvl of upped Ribcracker = max(49, 31) + 7 = 56
rlvl of upped Ribcracker w/Ruby jewel = max(49, 31, 58) + 7 = 65
rlvl of upped eth Ribcracker w/Zod = max(49, 31, 69) + 7 = 76

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
Thrugg said:
helvete, that is right, your Ruby jewel has a rlvl of 58, and the +7 is added after that. This can take people by surprise a bit, it is the only situation you can add something with rlvl X to something with rlvl Y and end up with rlvl higher than both X and Y.
So, if I understand this correctly...

If I upgrade a ribcracker, I will get a rlvl of 56. Then, if I add a Zod rune (giggle, as if) instead of getting a rlvl of 69, I will get a rlvl of 76. In other words, the order in which you perform the steps (upgrading and adding the socketed item) is irrelevant.

Right?