Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upped weapons?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sleestak, Sep 6, 2006.

1. sleestak

sleestak IncGamers Member

Upped weapons?

I just reinstalled diablo 2 last week after a 3 year hiatus. I am trying to understand all the stuff again as there is much to sift through when figuring out builds/gear/abbreviations and such. I have seen on the forums of upping gear and did not know what this means. I also saw many references to faith runewords and wondered if they could be made on single player games. One site had them listed as ladder only and I assumed that was not possible. I was lucky in that I saved my old toons on a disc so I still have a buriza for my Multi/guided amazon. I seem to do ok but not as well as I used to do. I am chalking it up as being rusty but I seem to see not many people advocating burizas any longer. Any help with the above issues are welcomed.

2. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai IncGamers Member

Upping weapons is a cube recipie that changes a unique or rare item from its normal or exceptional version to the elite version. This doesn't change the stats on the item just increases them based on the new base stats. Yea you can make faith on single player. Everything you can do on ladder you can do on single player.

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Err, no, not exactly. Ladder Only cube recipes work on Single Player, but Ladder Only runewords do NOT. And faith is one of those that do NOT.

"The following Rune Words will only work on the Battle.net Realms for Ladder Characters only. They will not work for single or open characters or non-ladder characters".

Here's the link to the Arreat Summit:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-110.shtml

It's about halfway down.

Edit: There are Single Player mods (Pluggy for one) that allow you to use ladder only runewords, but they may limit your ability to play/trade with others in tcpip games.