upped vipermagi non ladder

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
upped vipermagi non ladder

I just found a 35 skin of the vipermagi so I thought about upping it since I heard upped items in non ladder can be worth a bit more then those items in ladder. But then I began wondering about it: I mean yes the armour is decent. What I dont understand is why pay for one when you have other runewords that can be made in non ladder and are imo much better choices.

thanks in advance for your replies :smiley:

<edit: I should add I am in ladder, and this is why I am asking this question>

jbarlak

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have the runes and have a prospective trade in the works, do it. I sometimes use those lesser uniques for my crummy characters instead of tying up important storage area on my mules.

John

WebDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
MapleBarb said:
I just found a 35 skin of the vipermagi so I thought about upping it since I heard upped items in non ladder can be worth a bit more then those items in ladder. But then I began wondering about it: I mean yes the armour is decent. What I dont understand is why pay for one when you have other runewords that can be made in non ladder and are imo much better choices.

thanks in advance for your replies :smiley:

<edit: I should add I am in ladder, and this is why I am asking this question>
Skins of the Vipermagi can be very nice. When upped+um'ed, it'll have:

Def 1000+
+1 All Skills
30% FCR
50% Resist All

All of that at the measly strength requirement of 84. How else can you get fcr on an armor and still have these juicy mods to boot?

Its a great armor. Upgrade it!

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Think of an upgraded Vipermagi as a CoH that's missing 1 skill and some resists, but has 30 FCR to make up for it.

Zalcitabine

Diabloii.Net Member
It's a great armor to upgrade, just cross your fingers that you will get a decent defence.

IIRC the defence when upped can vary from 803 to 1036.