Upped Swordguard

hamsterjohn

Diabloii.Net Member
Upped Swordguard

Will an upped swordguard serve me well thru hell w/ stormshield? or am i better just gettin' 2 better elite swords for my WW sword barb?
 

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
hamsterjohn said:
Will an upped swordguard serve me well thru hell w/ stormshield? or am i better just gettin' 2 better elite swords for my WW sword barb?
Storm shield is very good in Hell

Swordgaurd unfortunatly is very slow for WW and isn't reccomended
 

elessar99

Diabloii.Net Member
if you're using swordguard for the resists, a shaeled BK collosus blade gives you resists and can hit the last WW breakpoint I think.
 

AdunaCCDanimoth

Diabloii.Net Member
hamsterjohn said:
Will an upped swordguard serve me well thru hell w/ stormshield? or am i better just gettin' 2 better elite swords for my WW sword barb?
Sorry, but an upgraded Swordguard works better on a Concbarb. Then again, i'm not one to stop you from using it on a WW. (After all, i do think BPs is a crock, but meh...) Use it for now, but when you find something better, put SG onto a mule for future killing.
 

hamsterjohn

Diabloii.Net Member
elessar99 said:
if you're using swordguard for the resists, a shaeled BK collosus blade gives you resists and can hit the last WW breakpoint I think.
Fortunately, i'm currenty using the bk colossus blade :)

Also, I've been meaning to find out what it means, but what is this breakpoint stuff i hear about WW?
 

elessar99

Diabloii.Net Member
hamsterjohn said:
Fortunately, i'm currenty using the bk colossus blade :)

Also, I've been meaning to find out what it means, but what is this breakpoint stuff i hear about WW?
if you reach a breakpoint, you hit more often when you WW.

For 1-Handed swords, the last breakpoint is at -35. A shaeled BK sword has 5 base and 40 IAS, 5-40 = -35, so you hit the last breakpoint.

To see it visually, find a high HP monster.
WW with Swordguard, watch how fast you hit the monster.
WW with shaeled BK, watch how fast you hit the monster.
You should notice you hit a lot faster with shaeled BK.
 
Top