Upgrading runes

TomSilver

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrading runes

Hi Folks,

until now I've never found any high end runes (just one UM in 2 years D2). But I have tons of medium and low end runes collecting dust in stashes. I can now start a complete week of rune cubing and upgrading, and see what comes out. But I'm lazy ;). Is there a way of calculating the result before I do the work? I'm thinking of a spreadsheet or something else, just type in the numbers of all runes you have, and the spreadsheet tells you the highest possible result.

Is anything like that out there?

Thanks,
Tom

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Never seen one, but I doubt it'd take more than half an hour to make...bit more if you'll also let it calculate the required gems to upgrade. And no, I don't have time for it now, I need to work =)

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember someone here made excel spreadsheet for this, not sure if I have it stored, but it'd be at home anyway so can't check now (at work).

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
I read this thread and decided I should make one. If you just enter the actual number you have in the imaginatively named "# you have" column, then the likewise inspired named "Effective Amount" column will tell you what the final result would be, including the leftovers. The # of gems and type is listed too.

Rune-calc.zip (right click and save as on the link).

Butz. :teeth:

Edit: Although for some reason the site is really labouring at the moment. :(

TomSilver

Diabloii.Net Member
Got it, thanks Butzull :)

But (as expected) the result is quite disappointing for me. No chance for an Enigma Armor :(

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
Butzull said:
I read this thread and decided I should make one. If you just enter the actual number you have in the imaginatively named "# you have" column, then the likewise inspired named "Effective Amount" column will tell you what the final result would be, including the leftovers. The # of gems and type is listed too.

[Butz. :teeth:

Edit: Although for some reason the site is really labouring at the moment. :(
I think there is a trouble with you're program, you can't have more one zod lol :)

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
nemar said:
I think there is a trouble with you're program, you can't have more one zod lol :)
Oops, you're right, I didn't bother with handling Zod properly.

If you want to fix it cut and paste "=MOD(C33,2)+B34" without the "'s into cell D34. If anyone is lucky enough to need those results. ;)

burke615

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice work, Butz! Now all I need to do is collect 14,281,869,000,000 El runes to get my Zod!!! :teeth:

Cheers!
Burke

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
Butzull said:
Oops, you're right, I didn't bother with handling Zod properly.

If you want to fix it cut and paste "=MOD(C33,2)+B34" without the "'s into cell D34. If anyone is lucky enough to need those results. ;)

and if you put
G2
=ENT((MAX(0;B2-1))/3)
H2
=B2-3*G2
G3 and next
=ENT((MAX(0;B3+G2-1))/3)
H3 and next
=(B3+G2)-3*G3

with change 3 by 2 for pul

you'll have the same , but with keep one rune of each (if I didn't make a mistake

nemar

Diabloii.Net Member
burke615 said:
Nice work, Butz! Now all I need to do is collect 14,281,869,000,000 El runes to get my Zod!!! :teeth:

Cheers!
Burke
and for 28 561 995 000 000 you'll have all the runes, so you can have the runeword you want !

Butzull

Diabloii.Net Member
burke615 said:

Cheers!
Burke
Don't be silly mate, if you have that many it's overkill, you only need:
14,281,868,906,496 ;)

You can save yourself the effort of the extra 93,504 you didn't need (or about 0.000001% of the overall effort!) ;)

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Bahh, I shouldn't download that... :teeth:

If I cube all my runes, I will get Vex, Gul, Um and some mid-rare runes...

This proves how insane it is to try cubing a Zod :)

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
its funny because if i cube ALL of my ~175 mid-level runes, i get a vex. also, if i cube only my top four runes, i get a vex. i guess i don't need all those trillions of els, eh?

burke615

Diabloii.Net Member
Butzull said:
Don't be silly mate, if you have that many it's overkill, you only need:
14,281,868,906,496 ;)
Now how did I *know* someone was going to call me on that??? I must be psychic! :D

Cheers!
Burke