Upgrading Magefist

Zigot_HD

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrading Magefist

Is it worth to up magefist to excep, or even elite ( which add steep req ) ?
( for Fire Druid, Hammerdin etc... or just for resale/collectioner value)

Inputs appreciated. Thx

Z

Feetstench

Diabloii.Net Member
Unless your melee dont think the investment for elite status is warrented. If you have a few runes to toss about for an exceptional upgrade then what the hey.

sangfagel

Diabloii.Net Member
NOT

As the name itself suggest (MAGEfist) this gloves are designed for spell casters but there´s no reason for Hammerdins to use them afaik.... may be a pally using HF aura (??). They are ok for fire druid though.

If you upgrade this item to elite (Crusader Gauntlets), str requirements grows up to 151. You can get max 78 more def by upgrading (if you have perfect ed of 30% and if the glovef will get max base def of 71 after upgrading).

+ 78 def in Hell is very little. If you use a fire skill as your main attack you should locate as little as possible state points in str and as much as possible in vita and eventually in dex (if using shild).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If your character has enough strength and you have the runes, do it, but don't add to strength just for these gloves.

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
sangfagel said:
As the name itself suggest (MAGEfist) this gloves are designed for spell casters but there´s no reason for Hammerdins to use them afaik.... may be a pally using HF aura (??).
Well my Hammerdin happily uses upped Magefists, since the only other alternative is TO gloves and I don't need excessive cold resists. Paladins make good use of extra defense though, thanks to the Holy shield (500%+ def bonus). Reaching 151 str is no problem for most Hammerdins (Enigma+HoZ = tons of str).

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
Well my Hammerdin happily uses upped Magefists, since the only other alternative is TO gloves and I don't need excessive cold resists. Paladins make good use of extra defense though, thanks to the Holy shield (500%+ def bonus). Reaching 151 str is no problem for most Hammerdins (Enigma+HoZ = tons of str).
And the name for a hammerdin's gloves CRUSADER GAUNTLETS suits him very well! :D

/Dec