upgrading lidless wall

StefChri

Diabloii.Net Member
upgrading lidless wall

I´m using a lidless wall for my MF sorc. It´s socketed with a perf. diamond.
Now think about upgrading it.

Is the effect of upgrading worth the runes?
Is upgrading possible after a socket was added to the item?

Thx

parkerbsb

Diabloii.Net Member
It will have higher DEF, and it's blocking may change... however it's STR is gonna be alot higher (not srue of block on norm sheilds so can't say for sure). 100% Guarenteed not worth it.

I'm pretty sure you can still up somthing after socketing it... I have seen alot of upgraded mosers LUNA's with 2 pdiamonds so I'd say it's allowed.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrading the item will keep the stuff socketed in it. Though I find upgrading a lidless pretty pointless. The str req for it will be the req of a Troll Nest. Dunno what it is since I can't check now.

parkerbsb

Diabloii.Net Member
106 str and 40% chance to block (158 to 173 Def)
VS
58 str 40% chance to block (50 to 150 Def)

If you want to go max block upgrading won't help, infact with the increased str it's gonna be worse.

No sence at all upgrading , unless you just want to have a higher DEF (wich makes NO sence).

StefChri

Diabloii.Net Member
parkerbsb said:
106 str and 40% chance to block (158 to 173 Def)
VS
58 str 40% chance to block (50 to 150 Def)

If you want to go max block upgrading won't help, infact with the increased str it's gonna be worse.

No sence at all upgrading , unless you just want to have a higher DEF (wich makes NO sence).
Thanks a lot. Was thinking about the higher Def but the difference is not worth it.

parkerbsb

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah the difference could be as small as 8 points... wich would just SUCK!

Anyways as a socr you really shouldn't worry about def, I have yet to see a well built high def sorc. The cold armours are pretty worthless now IMO :(

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
parkerbsb said:
Yeah the difference could be as small as 8 points... wich would just SUCK!
16 points actually. Perfect ed% Lidless has 347 defense, and upgraded it would have 363 - 397 defense. Lidless is not worth upgrading.

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
The only caster shield worth upgrading is the Visceratuant.

A heater has more block chance than a defender and the req's of a heater aren't that prohibitive.

parkerbsb

Diabloii.Net Member
Woops RTB is right! Still 16 Def is not worth it.

BTW I consider Mosers a caster sheild... and it's far more valuable upgraded.