Upgrading Item then socket quest Question

Tejadia

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrading Item then socket quest Question

I've been doing player 8 cows trying to find a monarch to socket, but I've run out of patience. I managed to find a kite shield and here is where the question comes in, I want to upgrade the kite shield to dragon shield then to monarch. Then I'm going to use the socket quest on the monarch... will this give me 4 sockets? Or will this only give me 2 (Kite shield) ? I'd like to just make sure before I waste a socket quest...

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Upgrading Item then socket quest Question

Actually good luck upgrading the Kite Shield, since the recipe only works for rare and unique quality items... so if you're trying to make Spirit, this idea simply won't work.

Tejadia

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, wow... I knew that but forgot due to how desperate I am right now. Back to killing more cows it is then, my pure blizz sorc wants spirit badly. :(

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member

Well, you can always drop to /players7... exact same drop rates as /players8, but the cows will have slightly less HP, so your runs will be a little faster. (In fact, unless you're also running for experience points, MF runs should never go above /players7).

Also, are you wearing MF? In this case, more MF will actually decrease your chance of getting a 'white' item (and taking MF off will allow you to stack on more +skills/survival gear to make your runs go faster).

kanonfutter

Diabloii.Net Member

4os Monarchs goes pretty cheap in the SP trade forum, if you are desperate enough :whistling:

Rhonlyn

Diabloii.Net Member

Ive got a couple of plain Monarchs [1.11b Vanilla SC] that I could give you if its ok with Mods....I've got an Armour Stand that drops them fairly regularly. Only got one 4os though, not giving that one away;)

edit: the stand is in hell forgotten tower lvl5, the shields are Ilvl78- should give 4 sockets, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jaago

Diabloii.Net Member

All plain monarchs (except normalized low-quality ones) will get 4 os from Larzuk.

Tejadia

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the players 7 tip, didn't know that. I'm running it with 50 mf due to my Occy, but I took off all my other mf equipment. I think I'm going to take you up on your offer Rhonlyn if its ok with mods because I'm 1.12a RRM/RWM but I'll continue doing cows and I might find one before I hear from you so I'll let you know if I do. Thanks for the help everyone.

Rhonlyn

Diabloii.Net Member

Sir poops says its ok, But to report the giveaway in trade forum(with readout), if you have a current trade thread going, then in there is fine. PM me your mail and I will send stash later tonight.