Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading hoz...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Andy225, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Andy225

Andy225 IncGamers Member

Upgrading hoz...

Hey I would like to upgrade my HOZ on USEAST LADDER. What are the runes I need to get to do this. Also my shield has 193% ehanced defense, can it actually go down in defense? Also what would be the strength requirement?

2. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

From the blizz website it's:

1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Ladder Only)

Search for some articles on the defense as one forum member reported that his defense actually went down. However, it's still the best smiter shield so don't throw it away if the def does go down, it will be worth something when the ladder season ends.

3. F4IRACER12

F4IRACER12 IncGamers Member

sorry to interrupt you thread but i have a quick comment for ROMVS...

ran across your name and it set of some kind of flashback...... and what came up was SPQR, but i cant remember what game i was playing at the time with you guys.......it mighthave been brood war, but i cant even remember what my name was..... i spent a lotta time playing with you guys but just cant recall what game, im almost certain it was starcraft.

sorry for the interruption but it was a weird flashback and just had to get that out

4. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

by how much would my def increased if i upgrade my HoZ??..194 ed

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

i believe with 194-193% enhanced defense it would be up in the 800+ def range...very very nice

6. soulesschild

soulesschild IncGamers Member

no, it wouldnt even get that close, my 200% upgraded one is about 580, the max output would be 582, however, an etheral one can achieve 873, but theres that eth upgrading bug everyone talks about o_O

7. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

Are you sure about this? My non upgraded 19x% ed HoZ has 5xx defense. Or maybe im just going crazy. :xmad:

8. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i think the max def on perfect non upgraded is 507 and a 193% upgraded will be from 495-565 or close to this. anywho even if u upgraded it its good for smite and like what is said b4 once ladder is over that will be a good trade item for them ppl that didnt play ladder for its great items, not only upgrad 1 but upgrad a few keep best 1s for u and when ladder is over u will have a few for trade if u still care about non ladder. i for 1 have a few friends that didnt try out the ladder and once its over ill well be comeing back to sell them at high prices :D items like deaths fathoms, griffons eye, death cleaver, and many of the upgraded exp items i have been collecting

9. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

Sup man, ya, SPQR. We're still alive and kicking. It was either starcraft or broodwar, anti-backstabbing. Btw, PM me your account name, let's keep in touch. Peace bro, btw, if you forget who this is, this is Rom. Do you remember Morgana=X? Who else do you remember?

10. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

You'll never go down in defense when upgrading HoZ (as long as it weren't ethereal). You HoZ, now got a 168ish defense (remember that an item with enhanced defense mod always got maximum base defense whet it spawn). If you upgrade it to a Zakarum shield a roll will be make to determine the new base defense of your shield. Zakarum shield has a defense range between 169 and 193, so you'll never get less base defense.
    Your Upg'd HoZ's defense will vary between 495 and 565. Str req. will raise up to 142.