Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading Goldskins

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Wolfedude, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Wolfedude

Wolfedude IncGamers Member

Upgrading Goldskins

What would be the formula for this and is it worth it to do so for a merc?

2. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: Upgrading Goldskins

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml

1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example Quilted Armor is turned into Ghost Armor. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. So you cannot for example use this formula to transform Greyform into The Spirit Shroud. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

Is it worth the cost? I dunno.

Goldskin Full Plate Mail - 120-150% Enhanced defense - 35 resist all - Total defense 350-400~ish.
    Upgraded G'Skin - Total defense ~690-855
    An ethereal one with perfect top roll on the armor and ED% hits about the 1.2k defense mark.
    A perfect ethereal elite goldskin upgraded with Lem + Ko + PDiamond will net around 2k defense.

"Smoke" Nef+Lum - 50 res all - 75%ED. This one doesn't win in defense until you put it in a non-superior Diamond Mail, or perhaps an ethereal elite of your choice when pitted against an exceptional non-eth G'Skin.

Vipermagi skin can net around 900-1k defense when upgraded to elite(Lem + Ko + PEmerald). This can have up to 35 resists, and 50 resist all when socketed with a 15 res all jewel or Um rune.

I'd say that Goldskin is pretty uber in Exceptional form. If you've got an ethereal version it might even be end-game armor for your mercenary. Solid defense and big resists for the win!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  3. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst IncGamers Member

Tal+Shael+P Diamond + Goldskin (in the cube) = armor with around 777 defense (or at least that's what I got). I used, and am still using this for my merc in Hell -no complaints.

4. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

I have upped one but it does slow you down....