Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading ETH Armor. Extra Def from ETh applied with the upgrade?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by melianor, Feb 23, 2004.

1. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Upgrading ETH Armor. Extra Def from ETh applied with the upgrade?

Question in the title. Would like to know this since i'd like to give an upgraded eth armor to my Merc. thx for response! :D

2. Jedi

Jedi IncGamers Member

until now nobody replied to your thread so i give u the info that i heared of-> called rumour ;)

eth armors that are upgraded to elite wont get the bonus of eth mod.thats why people dont upgrade ethereal skullder.

i dont know if this is true but i thought i better write something before its too late and u wasted some runes.

i ll check this thread later again if somebody confirmed this or corrected me :)

regards
    Jedi

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

That helped alot Jedi, since i know that it does not work with ETH Skullders. I just thought that was a bug just on Skullders ;)

Thx! Will cancel the trade i setup.

4. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Indeed! There is a bug with eth armors (boots,gloves,helms,belts etc. too) They wont receive the 50% eth enhancement when upgraded, so they in turn usually come out with less def upgraded. Eth weapons on the other hand upgrade just fine.

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

It is worse than this really (I think so anyway, but I have not actually done this) since they lose the ethereal bonus when upgraded but remain ethereal and hence are unrepairable. If the recipe turned them into normal armours then that could at least be useful in some cases ... as it is now we get the worst of both worlds.