Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading charms?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Zangeif, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Upgrading charms?

I've heard about "upgrading" charms using 3 pgems and the charm in the cube. Does this actually upgrade the charm by adding a second mod to it or does it change it to another randomly generated charm?

I want to know if I should try this with my + elemental skill GC or if I could end up with a +1 str charm

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

It rerolls it, giving it new random mods.

Don't waste a useful charm that way. Do small charms :)

3. KirbyDK

KirbyDK IncGamers Member

dont do it. cubing charms is something people usually do with charms dropped by hell baal, because of his high level. cubing the charm rerolls all the mods on it, granting a chance for new "godly" mods to be generated (with a little luck). a hell baal small charm can for example, with only a prefix, have 175 poison dmg. if ur insanely lucky, u could end up with a small charm with >300 poison dmg.

if u tried to cube ur charm, u would probably only lose the elemental prefix and end up with something crappy

4. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

hell baal like never drops charms that I know of.

hell nithaluk drops them here and there, get GC's and SC's. thats how people get those +1 poison +50 life necro charms (btw, if you roll that, youll make a hundred dollars+ on ebay)

5. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Um, I thought GCs could only get 45 life? I never knew Nihlathak ones could get higher than that...

6. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

45 life i'm pretty sure yea. 41-45 life can only be created or dropped from baal and nihlatak grand charms. Maybe from late chests in act 5 hell...... dunno about that.

7. KirbyDK

KirbyDK IncGamers Member

he does. ive gotten both grand and small charms from him

8. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

repeat after me....NO MONSTERS CAN DROP SKILL /w 50 LIFE GRAND CHARMS!!! Let it be clear from now on...the only way to get a grand charm /w a skill and 50 life is ONLY by late act 5 chests...and the odds for finding that is probably more than crafting a cruel cryptic sword of quickness 295% ed+ 3 sockets in .09 (hehe i've crafted one of those before...got offered $235 on ebay. Funny thing is...he pmed me and since i dont have pay pal, didnt wanna go through the hassle!). This virtually means that its IMPOSSIBLE. Because the ilv to craft a skill charm /w 45+ life is 110, only late act 5 chests can drop them. Even if they drop a grand charm...it'll probably take thousands, if not millions of them before you ever got a 45+ life one. So....gl getting one ^^. And if your gonna craft, i'd recomment crafting GRAND CHARMS ilv 50+. The reason for that is, that +1 _____ skill charms are MUCH easier to obtain than getting a good mod on a small charm. Not only that, but the most common useful charms rerolled on grand charms (+1 skills) are much more profitable than useful mods on small charms (7% mf, 100 pd, 20 life, 5% all risist etc.).

9. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

what chests?
    my bud had a 49 life PB charm. sold for alot of money

10. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

It was never proven that there were chests that could drop those charms. It was just thought of as the *only possible way*.

11. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

would a program such as maphack show the proper item level of the charms?

please dont spam me with NO HACK TALK WAAAAAA.

it would test the idea without wondering for over a year.

note: those who make the guides that "look into the code"... lol, thats pure hacking.

and they are posted. i just get irritated how i was banned last year for discussing a hack in warning people that it was out. im still really irritated about that. El Jefe was the account.

12. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

it used to be able to

13. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

hey thanx tor :D

i know from mhack that whatever you buy from a store at an upper level is your level, which is good to gamble for things like vampirebone gloves to craft and such with a 90+ guy.

i dont think anyone would need mhack for such things if somehow blizz posted much more of the stats and such for their skills, weapons, what things do when and such, what chests do what, etc. arreat and dii.net of course do a lot of this, but well, many games that are for tech guru's like old majormud, a bbs program i still play, do have much of their info explained by a spokesperson for the programming staff.

we get 2 lines of text from blizzard every month, and forums peeps give like 3 million lines of text.

some people say it robs the mystery of the game, i say not knowing things means that you will not find out what you dont know and get depressed and not ever know it and fall away from the game. i duno, this is a tangent in ways I guess. Has anyone made an offline code breaker of types to pull out game data? like it took people over a year to consolidate info on crushing blow. still, many of the sites that are the "expert" sites on cb, dont have it listing its damage after initial damage is registered. I guess this creates a need for community, which is good, but none of us knew for sure what a grizzly did prebuffed until a week and half ago. ABlast and inferno are screwed, no mention of repairing them... i hate when a company hides from its flaws. bah.

anyways.

14. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

I have finished a big research at GC rerolling/finding. I post it here to Statistics forum as I think it is off-topic here.