Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading an ethereal Ginther's Rift

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by cypraven, Mar 8, 2004.

1. cypraven

cypraven IncGamers Member

Upgrading an ethereal Ginther's Rift

Hmm, I just found an ethereal Ginther's Rift and was wondering what would happen if I upgrade it to a Phase Blade? Would it stay ethereal? I thought phase blades couldn't be ethereal. And what about the "repairs durability" mod? Since phase blades don't have durability, I'm just curious how the game would handle this :spy: hehe. Anyone tried this?

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about what would happen if you upgraded to an ethereal phase blade, but i'm sure it will work.

I found a rare phase blade with the repairs 1 in 5 seconds mod on it, even though phase blades don't have durability.

If i had a pul rune, I would give it to u because I want to find out about your ginther's too. good luck man.

*I just did some quick math and I believe a perfect eth Ginther's 150% Phase blade would do about 118-133 damage. That would be decent, but the small magic damage bonus on it doesn't seem that great. I'm pretty sure that the upgraded runes could be traded for a weapon thats a whole lot better.

3. cypraven

cypraven IncGamers Member

ya, upgrading this would be purely for curiosity/novelty sake. Actually using it never entered my mind. If I stumble upon a pul, i'll give it a try.

4. Cujo

Cujo IncGamers Member

5. CuteCathy

CuteCathy IncGamers Member

6. ondergetekende

ondergetekende IncGamers Member

It doesnt have indestructable as mod, but it doesnt have durability either. Normal phase blades dont have the indestrucatable mod, they just dont have durability, just like this one.

7. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

You can upgrade any unique or rare crystal sword or dimensional blade to phase blade. Ethereal remains as a mod, but I think that it is mutually exclusive with the phrase "indestructable" (hence you cannot spawn ethereal indestructable GFs, darn it), so you don't see both in the description.

Ethereal Ginther's is a nice mid-range weapon; I found one and used it for my zeal pally until mid-late nightmare. The problem with upgrading it is that although you increase your average damage, your max damage should remain the same. Also the level req jumps up to, I believe, 61.

Upgrading becomes more important for an ethereal rare that is not self-repairing -- at the cost of an UM rune you can change it from a breakable weapon to an indestructable one that has higher average damage.

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

9. acceleration turkey

acceleration turkey IncGamers Member

[​IMG]

worth upgrading?

10. Vegetall

Vegetall IncGamers Member

WHAT IS IT GOING TO REPAIR EVERY 5 SECS.... AHHHHHHH. *head explodes*

11. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

For the fun of it, yes. Looks like a collector's item that would nicely fit in the rare showoff gallery :thumbsup: !

12. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

That sword shaeled and upped to elite and shael eth ginther's rift make fairly ok hunger weapons me thinks but shael azurewrath beats them both ^^ If the rare had just 10 more ias then it will hit 4fpa on a palabear with a shael job :p