Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

upgrading a viper magi

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Harleycooper, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Harleycooper

Harleycooper IncGamers Member

so i am stoked just dropped a viper magi wihin 5 meph runs.. now i waswondering is it possible to up it because its already made..o_O it has a roll atm of 279 defense

2. Harleycooper

i mean 279 def isfine as is but itd be nice if there was some way if not im happy as it s is

3. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

It can be upgraded, to a Wyrmhide armor. (1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond) The level requirement will go up to 57. The defense will be increased, but so will the strength requirements to wear it. I believe the strength requirement will be around 87. If I remember correctly, the defense can end up anywhere from around 800 to over 1,000.

I tend to not upgrade it - I wear it primarily for the + skills and the resistances, and I consider defense largely unimportant for most classes unless you REALLY pump it (like a paladin using Defiance and Holy Shield, wearing a high roll Stone runeword armor.) I've found I prefer to wear it as it is, and use the stat points I'd have to devote to strength in order to wear it to Dexterity to max out blocking, or to Life. Just my personal preference.

It's a really useful find, so congratulations! If you socket it with Larzuk and add an Um rune, it can go a LONG way toward solving any resistance problems in Hell. A very versatile piece!

4. Harleycooper

hm maybe ill leave it strength hurts me to use lol literally -_- rather get vitality or something .. thats a pretty big defnse boost but i dont think its worth more than more hp :)