Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrading a rare axe (426%ED)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kip, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Upgrading a rare axe (426%ED)

Okay, I found this pretty high % ED (426%) rare war axe and I'm thinking about upgrading the beast. I don't have the exact damage for what it would be after being fully upgraded but it would be a decent amount above 300 max damage. It also has 10% IAS, some poison resists and maybe one or two other semi-useless mods. I'm wondering......is it worth it to upgrade this weapon and if so who would it be best suited towards? Thanks for your help.

Kip

2. iamscottbowdown

iamscottbowdown IncGamers Member

i think i would upgrade it! 426% will have some crazy damage afterwards. Too bad it doesnt have good other mods though.

3. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

war axe > naga > berzerker axe

botd has more ias and life leech and can be placed in an ethreal base wep. Yours has more ED and can be socketed. Runes needed for full upgrade....ort amn fal um.

Seems to me in rune cost its a fairly cheep way to get close to a botd wep.

4. Kip

Kip IncGamers Member

Okay cool, I've got the runes to upgrade, I think it would just be a cool weapon for a melee guy to have, and since I will probably never see the runes on ladder to make myself a BoTD or any of the other awesome weapons I was thinking upgrading it would be at least decent. I know 10% IAS isn't really all that much but I guess it might be helpful......of course it might not be either :D I'm wondering, who do you think would get the best use out of this weapon? Pally? Barb? WW druid? Just wondering if the high damage would be best geared to any type of character in particular. Thanks for the responses.

Kip

5. syphon45

syphon45 IncGamers Member

It might be pretty nice for a charge pally.

6. Pombe

Pombe IncGamers Member

something where base damage on the weapon is really important.

For instance a Vengance pali: elemental damage from vengence is a percentage of the base weapon damage IIRC. imagine doing 300% of 400 damage in three elements per hit :)

7. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Beserker axe is considered the best 1 handed weapon in the game. So I would upgrade it.

I got all the botd runes last week and now to get that etheral colossus blade :rant:. Here goes 500+ pit runs!