Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgraded Viscerant???

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by charred, Mar 13, 2004.

1. charred

charred IncGamers Member

Upgraded Viscerant???

I have a few questions about my blizz sorc regarding shields. I also like to duel with her from time to time when killing monsters gets boring. (which it does quite often for me) I read somewhere that there is an upgraded Viscerant heater shield with a higher block rate, yet every web site I've visited doesn't mention anything about it. Does this item exist? Or did it at one time but was then later taken out? What's the deal?

Another question I had was about the "increased block rate" mods on shields. If i get a shield that has a 50% block rate with a 20% increased block rate, does that 20% get added to the shield for a total of 70% or does it get added directly to the block rate of my character?

Finally, I keep hearing that storm shield is the one I want to go with for dueling, and it is a good shield with a decent block rate. But how the hell am I supposed to eqip the thing when it has a 156 str requirement? Between that and pumping dex, I wouldn't have any hit points left to duel with. If I wanted to go that route, I would have to hope I come across (dare I say it?) enigma. And that's kinda wishfull thinking. Another solution would be charms, but carrying around +strength charms is such a waste when there are much more usefull ones out there. If anyone has any ideas on eqipment or stats or whatever, which could help me equip this shield while still being effective in duels, please let me know. Along with answers to any of my other questions if possible.

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I can't answer your block rate questions

but, defender has %block of 20% I believe and heater is 42% so you can see the obvious benefit of upgrading to heater, str req is up to 77 but as a block sorc the dex required will be greatly reduced

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Upgrading an exceptional item to elite is something that works with a horadric cube recipe on ladder!

In this case upgrading Visceratuant with LEM+KO+PDiamond will give you a Visceratuant Heater instead of Visceratuant Defender.

The upgraded version ahs 72% chance off blocking with the extra +20% increased chance of blockng added.

I think that answers your questions :teeth:

4. charred

charred IncGamers Member

Thank you for your replies. BTW does anyone know the STR requirements for the upgraded version? Does it go up?

5. melianor

str req for upgraded Visceratuant: 77str, not too bad ;), at least better than 156str for storm for example. Whistans Guard as even lower requirements.

6. pcbypclol

pcbypclol IncGamers Member

no point usin tht sheild..
    use a storm..get charms, like the dcsc one to give you str...str sc..
    storm is worth addin 156...you can even add 15%req and 8res jewel ot make it lower str...but usually duel go for shael..
    jsut because has a 156req str ...doesn't mean its not good for duelin..

7. melianor

For Dueling you migh be better off with Stormshield, ut i am no pro on Dueling at all, so i cant really say.
    For PvM Visceratuant will be more than enough. I have never had a reason yet to say "oh i cant play without Storm in PvM".
    Matter of playstyle and personal perference.

8. Boooyakasha

Boooyakasha IncGamers Member

If there is a Increase Block Rate mod, yes it will add to the block rate of the shield. For example the 'Rhyme' rune word has 20% increase block rate, if you use the rune word in a Grim Shield (40%), you will have 60% block rate.