Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgraded Ribcracker Damage Questions

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Magma, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Magma

Magma IncGamers Member

Upgraded Ribcracker Damage Questions

I've made a WB (Level 39 currently) that uses a ribcracker. I really like the speed and I'd like to shael it eventually.

No. 1: What kind of damage should I expect when I upgrade this weapon (unmodified)?

No. 2: If i socket and shael it in normal, will it lose the socket upon upgrading?

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Depends on ed really , i think mine is like 327-489 ,but it is like 296+ ed. If you want to find your damage do this.
    75-107 is stalgmate damage so:

% ed on ribcracker x 75 = #.
    # + 75 + 30(it adds 30-65 dam) = min damage.

% ed on ribcracker x 107 = #.
    # + 107 + 65(it adds 30-65 dam) = max damage.

and if you upgrade it will keep the socketed item in tact.

3. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

Can someone else verify this? I always thought that if you upgraded an item that it would revert back to the original mods (ie lose the socket). Voice seems to be very knowledgable, but I'd just like to hear someone back his statement up.

4. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

no you dont lose the socket or the rune/jewel that you put into it.

its fine... i do it al the time

5. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

Sweet. I figured I didn't know what I was talking about.

6. petri

petri IncGamers Member

Hi,
    Upgraded Ribcracker on a Bear is a sweet weapon. The enhanced defense is nice, since it can help boost the defense on the bear to very respectable levels.

Some things to keep in mind... you will want to shael it (as you have already mentioned you are planning on doing), as the stalagmite is a base 10 speed weapon (slower) as compared to the the base 0 speed quarterstaff. Don't worry about that too much though, because if its shaeled its still plenty fast enough. You'll kill pretty fast with that weapon as a bear.

For the bear - shaeled ribcracker stalagmite = 8 frame attack or 7 frame attack with 50% oias (20%ias gloves, 20%ias highlords, andy's visage or ias jewel in something)

For the wolf - shaeled ribcracker stalagmite hits 8/5 fury

At one point I did a damage per frame analysis for many elite weapons for both the bear and the wolf (thanks to TheDragoon). In the end, the only elite unique weapon that had higher (physical) damage per frame for both the wolf and the bear was a multishaeled tombreaver (2 shaels for wolf to get to 4 frame fury, 3 shaels + 50% oias to get 5 frame maul).

7. Color_Wolf

Color_Wolf IncGamers Member

Though with 50% crushing blow ribcracker potentially has higher dmg than tombreaver, especially against baal.

8. Magma

Magma IncGamers Member

Thanks to all you fine druids out there. The ribcracker is about to become bigger better and nastier. But before I do, I need to ask one last question. What are the level, strength and dex requirements for an upgraded ribcracker? I don't want to upgrade before my bear gets to that level. My plan is to use the Cracka on everything that isn't physically immune, and to swap to a baranars star with a 3 or 4 diamond shield when PI's arrive.

Previous comments on CB are true, I kill biggies much faster with this than I do with almost anything else. Crushing Blow=poor druids Static Field.

9. petri

petri IncGamers Member

Ribcracker stalagmite level requirement is somewhere in the mid 50's if I remember correctly. Somebody else remeber exactly? Anyways, if you just use the quarterstaff until level 60 you'll be fine.

Actually, a mid-50's level requirement for one of the best 2H shifter weapons in the game is pretty cool, eh? Late nightmare will be a time when you own...1 to 2 hit kills even in packed games.

Oh yeah, and even though this isn't strictly related, if you get a mercenary equiped with Reaper's Toll Thresher, ~90% of the physically immune monsters have their immunities removed with the decrepify curse. Alternately you can use atma's scarab ammy for the chance to cast Amplify dmg. To me this is better than the b-star option for ~90% of physical immune monsters.

10. Magma

Magma IncGamers Member

I couldn't agree more, but alas, no Reaper's Toll to be found in any of my stashes. I'll keep looking. I could carry a dagger around with level 2 lower resists but that gets cumbersome.

11. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

req lvl 56, 65str and 30-35 dext... it is indeed incredibly good for the lvl/stats requirements...

12. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

it also has a nice hitting sound.