Upgraded ethereal headstriker =D

Apologetix

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgraded ethereal headstriker =D

man i recently bought an ethereal headstriker and upgraded it to conquest sword.. and i plan to use it on the charging half of my vindi-crusader

im wondering why more people dont use//buy this weapon?!! sure its only 150 ed but it is still damn sexy... the +max dmg per class lvl and the deadly strike is just so damn sexy.

is it a a nice sexy weapon or does it suck? i know in .09 lots of crusaders used plain ethereal zod'd headstrikers.. and an upgraded one is just that much better..

any input would be amazing..
 

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Most people feel that if you're going to use a Zod put it in a BOTD

I still like that sword a lot
I have one w/o zod atm
 

Jell-O

Diabloii.Net Member
There are a few better options available if you can afford the zod in the first place, but I'd still want someone to pay lots for my ethereal upped one :surprise:
 

Kevlar

Diabloii.Net Member
Like many other things,all depends on the build you have. For a liberator, if you can reach the reqs of a conquest sword, I think upgraded eth headstriker is a interesting option: the sword by itself gives all the deadly strike you'll need in "charger mode", allowing the use of a +2 kills FC/major stats/resists amulet and boots with better overall mods ( dex+str) than goreriders.
 

Kevlar

Diabloii.Net Member
Kevlar said:
depends of character level .... :surprise:
now, in a more serious fashion, damage of a ethereal headstriker conquest sword is

minimum dmg
[(37*0.5)*1.5]+(37*0.5)

maximum dmg

[(53*0.5)*1.5]+(53*0.5)+ Char Lvl

what translates into:
138 minimum

297 maximum at lvl 99
 

Evanta

Diabloii.Net Member
Kevlar said:
now, in a more serious fashion, damage of a ethereal headstriker conquest sword is

minimum dmg
[(37*0.5)*1.5]+(37*0.5)

maximum dmg

[(53*0.5)*1.5]+(53*0.5)+ Char Lvl

what translates into:
138 minimum

297 maximum at lvl 99

which means 276-594 dmg effectively.

Assuming equipment has no deadly strike items, I think this damage would be hard to match for someone w/o or does not intend to wear GoreRider/Highlords.
 

Shadoway

Diabloii.Net Member
Does the deadly strike work on the +dmg from wartraveler and charms? If it does, then it is really good.
 

Kevlar

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadoway said:
Does the deadly strike work on the +dmg from wartraveler and charms? If it does, then it is really good.
As far as I know, yes, since the chance of deadly strike is calculated before the damage roll.
 

senji

Banned
Apologetix said:
man i recently bought an ethereal headstriker and upgraded it to conquest sword.. and i plan to use it on the charging half of my vindi-crusader

im wondering why more people dont use//buy this weapon?!! sure its only 150 ed but it is still damn sexy... the +max dmg per class lvl and the deadly strike is just so damn sexy.

is it a a nice sexy weapon or does it suck? i know in .09 lots of crusaders used plain ethereal zod'd headstrikers.. and an upgraded one is just that much better..

any input would be amazing..

nice nice sword

do you play on hcl west any chance?
this sword is the ultimate pker sword for a level 39 charger
 

StrikexForce

Diabloii.Net Member
i think this would be a very effective weapon now that the eth bug is gone, and the fact that gores and highlords dont need to be worn.
 
Top