Upgrade Trang Set

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrade Trang Set

I'm thinking about upgrading my Trang Set. I really don't know what to put. Some low level runes look nice. But does someone know, for example Eld gives +75dmg to undead, does it go towards the minions or only the Necro?

For the shield, I may want to socket one pDiamond to boost Resists a bit.

I really have no experience with upgrading items.

Anidem

Banned
Are you talking about Socketing? Upgrading is using the cube to change the type of item it is based on (ex. Leather armor upgrades to serpantskin armor.)

ender11782

Diabloii.Net Member
What sort of necro? If it were me, and my summoner, I'd socket a ptopaz or the like into the trophy, since lightning is the only resist I really need (*shakes fist at gloams*)

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's my "Necromancer License." I think it's pretty handy when asking questions.

---oooOOO CERITIFICATE OF NECROMANCY OOOooo---
---oooOOO QUALIFIED PRACTITIONER OF ARCANE SCIENCES OOOooo---

REALM
v1.10 Expansion US East Sofecore Ladder

CHARACTER LEVEL

BUILD
Player vs. Monster
Skeletons, Revives, Corpse Explosion

SUMMONING THREE (Base points and +skills)
Raise Skeleton Warrior 20+16=36
Skeleton Mastery 20+18=38
Raise Mage 1+17=18
Glay Golem 1+15=16
Blood Golem 1+15=16
Iron Golem 1+15=16
Fire Golem 1+15=16
Golem Mastery 1+15=16
Summon Resist 3+15=18
Revive 7+15=22

CURSES (Base points and +skills)
Amplify Damage 1+12=13
Life Tap 1+12=13
Weaken 1+12=13
Iron Maiden 1+12=13
Lower Resist 7+12=19
Terror 1+14=15
Decripify 1+12=13
Dim Vision 5+12=17
Confuse 1+12=13
Attract 1+12=13

POISON TREE (Base points and +skills)
No Point

BONE TREE (Base points and +skills)
Bone Armor 1+11=12
Bone Wall 1+11=12
Bone Prison 0+0=0
Teeth 1+11=12
Corpse Explosion 20+11=31
Bone Spear 0+0=0
Bone Spirit 0+0=0

GEAR
Full Trang-oul's Set
Marrowwalks
Arm of King Leoric
Mara's Kleidoscope
Stone of Jordan
Manald Heal
4 Summoning Charms
3 Curses
Annihilus

MERC
Nightmare Act 2 Might
Level **
Tal Rasha Mask
Iron Pelt Armor
3 Amn's Horn Sundan

CHARACTER STATS
Strength 199
Dexterity 86
Vitality 370
Energy 50
Life 1038
Defense 1927
Mana 860
Fire Resistance 41
Cold Resistance 68
Lightning Resistance 48
Poison Resistance 75

---oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo---

theBlackKnight

Diabloii.Net Member
erm, why max out corpse explosion? I can see swinging ~5 points with all your massive + skills to get the radius, but more than that just seems to be a waste -_-

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
I just found out that Shael rune gives +20% to Life Regeneration. I don't think it's doing me any good. When I lose health I just want to drink a potion. I play Hell level like Hardcore, now. I can't afford any death.

Hey, perfect skull looks pretty neat. +19% mana regeneration.

Does someone know about the socketing quest? If I give my item to the NPC twice (Normal and Nightmare), can I get two sockets on it?

Cerebron said:
I just found out that Shael rune gives +20% to Life Regeneration. I don't think it's doing me any good. When I lose health I just want to drink a potion. I play Hell level like Hardcore, now. I can't afford any death.

Hey, perfect skull looks pretty neat. +19% mana regeneration.

Does someone know about the socketing quest? If I give my item to the NPC twice (Normal and Nightmare), can I get two sockets on it?
socket quests do not stack. depending on the item, you will get 1 socket, max sockets, or somewhere in the middle depending on your luck =).

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Set items and unique items will only gain a maximum of 1 socket from the socket quests.

Couple suggestions:

1) You could socket your shield with a pdiamond or an Um rune depending how rich you are. It would help towards getting maxed resists. An Um rune in your helm and/or armor could help too.

2) Once you get maxed resists, other possibilities are psaphires for more mana if you need or prubies for more life which is always nice.

Cerebron

Diabloii.Net Member
Phyrexial said:
Set items and unique items will only gain a maximum of 1 socket from the socket quests.

Couple suggestions:

1) You could socket your shield with a pdiamond or an Um rune depending how rich you are. It would help towards getting maxed resists. An Um rune in your helm and/or armor could help too.

2) Once you get maxed resists, other possibilities are psaphires for more mana if you need or prubies for more life which is always nice.
I socketed a pTopaz into my Trang shield. I really need maxed Lightning resist for those ******** souls. My other resists are pretty decent already.

Phyrexial, you are talking about getting to 75% resist. I was think about increasing my max resists a bit. Some runes are helpful, but only 5% increment. Angel Armor is good, but I can't spare my Full Trang set.

Phyrexial

Diabloii.Net Member
Cerebron said:
I socketed a pTopaz into my Trang shield. I really need maxed Lightning resist for those ******** souls. My other resists are pretty decent already.

Phyrexial, you are talking about getting to 75% resist. I was think about increasing my max resists a bit. Some runes are helpful, but only 5% increment. Angel Armor is good, but I can't spare my Full Trang set.
If you are going to keep your full set on, increasing maxed resists are mainly going to come on boots.

Waterwalk: +5 max fire res
Hotspurs: +15 max fire res

Most of the other gear to increase your res cap uses the belt slot. If black souls are really giving you a problem, you may need to sacrifice your belt slot for a tgods. Should give you enough time to blind the bastards. ;)

Anidem

Banned
Cerebron said:
Here's my "Necromancer License." I think it's pretty handy when asking questions.

---oooOOO CERITIFICATE OF NECROMANCY OOOooo---
---oooOOO QUALIFIED PRACTITIONER OF ARCANE SCIENCES OOOooo---

REALM
v1.10 Expansion US East Sofecore Ladder

CHARACTER LEVEL

BUILD
Player vs. Monster
Skeletons, Revives, Corpse Explosion

SUMMONING THREE (Base points and +skills)
Raise Skeleton Warrior 20+16=36
Skeleton Mastery 20+18=38
Raise Mage 1+17=18
Glay Golem 1+15=16
Blood Golem 1+15=16
Iron Golem 1+15=16
Fire Golem 1+15=16
Golem Mastery 1+15=16
Summon Resist 3+15=18
Revive 7+15=22

CURSES (Base points and +skills)
Amplify Damage 1+12=13
Life Tap 1+12=13
Weaken 1+12=13
Iron Maiden 1+12=13
Lower Resist 7+12=19
Terror 1+14=15
Decripify 1+12=13
Dim Vision 5+12=17
Confuse 1+12=13
Attract 1+12=13

POISON TREE (Base points and +skills)
No Point

BONE TREE (Base points and +skills)
Bone Armor 1+11=12
Bone Wall 1+11=12
Bone Prison 0+0=0
Teeth 1+11=12
Corpse Explosion 20+11=31
Bone Spear 0+0=0
Bone Spirit 0+0=0

GEAR
Full Trang-oul's Set
Marrowwalks
Arm of King Leoric
Mara's Kleidoscope
Stone of Jordan
Manald Heal
4 Summoning Charms
3 Curses
Annihilus

MERC
Nightmare Act 2 Might
Level **
Tal Rasha Mask
Iron Pelt Armor
3 Amn's Horn Sundan

CHARACTER STATS
Strength 199
Dexterity 86
Vitality 370
Energy 50
Life 1038
Defense 1927
Mana 860
Fire Resistance 41
Cold Resistance 68
Lightning Resistance 48
Poison Resistance 75

---oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo---
If you got all this why are you even considering anything but mf tops or jewels to socket with?