Upgrade to Caddy and zod it?

Shug_Ninx

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, no. Its a nice sceptor, but except for the ED, no other mod stands out as being particularly useful. By waisting a mal and then zod on it, you are denying yourself the potential of using BoTD zerker, of which even a normal non-etheral can pump more damage out then your souped up eth rare caddy.

Halbreed7250

Diabloii.Net Member
upgrade it, shoot, how much fun could you have with a rare caddy?!
fun fun fun IMO, screw it, it's not like you're selling everything you own to upgrade it :)

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Thx for the advice guys but everybody likes to think cookie cutter BOTD so no thx. I have one but it's no fun when everyone has one. Zzzzzzzz Upgrading to caddy with that nice tight damage range is worth an UM+FAL (not a mal) but as for zodding it I'll zod my etheral Baranars first for my upcoming fan elemental zealot. I like to duel in style and not in any time of private school uniform like most pubbies are.

mastrinidad

Diabloii.Net Member
for the sheer spank damage of it all..its decent. I got myself recently an ethereal fleshrender...cant wait to upp and zod that. its the extra mods that make it worth while. Im sure tho you have more than enough experience and gear to make up for the mods that the scepter lacks.

More power to ya!

And BAH to Baranars..Bah to the school uniform!!...give me the Janitors uniform cuz I still prefer my RANGE-OF-1 gimmershred!..haha :D

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
mastrinidad said:
for the sheer spank damage of it all..its decent. I got myself recently an ethereal fleshrender...cant wait to upp and zod that. its the extra mods that make it worth while. Im sure tho you have more than enough experience and gear to make up for the mods that the scepter lacks.

More power to ya!

And BAH to Baranars..Bah to the school uniform!!...give me the Janitors uniform cuz I still prefer my RANGE-OF-1 gimmershred!..haha :D

Etheral Baranars

More physical damage,More ias,Huge AR bounus,Stats

Gimmershred only has one thing and thats more elemental damage
so gimmersherd is weak compared to Baranars

Old skool owns it hands down

Arctic_Fox

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, i got a question on this then. Is it worth Zod'n an Eth Baranars, or simply burn its 175 durability and move on?

mastrinidad

Diabloii.Net Member
HandofElysium said:
Etheral Baranars

Oh...that i know...but just like youre going ur route instead of BOTD...So Am I with gimmer..

I have an eth baranars too..im just holding it for kicks...If i want pure spankage....I use my famine Leg. mallet instead.

John_Connor

Diabloii.Net Member
HandofElysium said:
Etheral Baranars

But it is TRIPLE the elemental damage (~900 avg dmg. vs ~300 avg dmg), so if you're ok for attack rating, the gimmer can be pretty sweet, especially since the physical damage on both items isn't huge anyhow. Depends on your build which one is best; gimmer definitely has its place (and not just on mules). :)

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Arctic_Fox said:
Oh, i got a question on this then. Is it worth Zod'n an Eth Baranars, or simply burn its 175 durability and move on?
If you intend on making Baranars your main weapon (which I intend to do) then yes zoding it is good but if you don't intend to use it for you main weapon then break break break away.

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
John_Connor said:
But it is TRIPLE the elemental damage (~900 avg dmg. vs ~300 avg dmg), so if you're ok for attack rating, the gimmer can be pretty sweet, especially since the physical damage on both items isn't huge anyhow. Depends on your build which one is best; gimmer definitely has its place (and not just on mules). :)
For a avenger type build I say go for it. NOw the build I am making needs high ar, physical and elemental damage. Etheral Baranars provides all three.

Mack

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it depends. If you've got enough of the runes, go for it. It's a nice weapon, with some good speed. If a zod was as common as el, and the upgraded runes were tir and nef, would you do it? of course. So, the question is really what your resources are. If it'll take months of trading to get the ZOD, then no, don't bother with it, but if you've got a mule full of them, go for it.

Diminished-Soul

Diabloii.Net Member
Loboleal said:
Damage will be: 221-245

As stated before, isn't worth to upgrade. Make an eth BotD instead.
Uh I got a different answer for damage:

37-43 base caddy damage...

55-64 Eth Caddy....

221-257

Iono I am prolly wrong but I am tired of this game, just trying to help...

ugh......

HandofElysium

Diabloii.Net Member
Diminished-Soul said:
Uh I got a different answer for damage:

37-43 base caddy damage...

55-64 Eth Caddy....

221-257

Iono I am prolly wrong but I am tired of this game, just trying to help...

ugh......
Well I can see where you coming from. I notice the veterans that have been playing since classic are gone. I have only been playing since 1.09 expac so I still like playing it. Althought the new sacred game looks like the new diablo. Until Blizz wakes up an starts doing diablo3

Ifrit18

Banned
HandofElysium said:
Well I can see where you coming from. I notice the veterans that have been playing since classic are gone. I have only been playing since 1.09 expac so I still like playing it. Althought the new sacred game looks like the new diablo. Until Blizz wakes up an starts doing diablo3
I've a classic vet :teeth:. Stupid CE and WW barbs were simply the BEST in mfing and killing speed in first days of d2. NO LONGER!