Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrade that Shaftstop! ... new ladder coming! What to do?? der=0

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Fearlessone, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Upgrade that Shaftstop! ... new ladder coming! What to do??

Ok, so thats an LoD item and so what. Its been 11 months and 1 week since last ladder. And Blizzard loves to release games and patches and ladders in early summer while the kiddies and college kiddies are back on their computer at home.

What did u accomplish this ladder, and What are u going to do during this new ladder? Make that uber character u been salivating about since last summer? Choose an off-the-wall build and wow ur friends with it? Convert to xpac? Quit diablo and convert to WoW?

Any rumours of new things in store for the patch? They will have their new gibberish runewords u-know-where...but maybe with D3 being 2 years away, they will have to come up with something rivaling the World event, and maybe this time we in classic will actually get a drop...

(Also see SwampBox's post of 5-18-05: "What's your Ladder-reset Setup?" with 3 pages of new builds on page 4 or 5 of this forum.)

2. Barl

Barl IncGamers Member

About converting to xpac.. NEVER do that. You'd be better off starting a new character. I got tired of xpac anyhow. Everything's overpowered.

I've heard a lot about WoW, although the subscription charges are a turnoff.

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I used to think the same...but It was worth the try.

4. Fearlessone

There was a big discussion of this on Swampbox's thread a month ago, about how alot of char types were irrelevant after the patch and how it is hard to convert to xpac. The first part is true, the second part, where u say NEVER convert, I disagree with. It's not like u wont be able to get the resists (30% of the new 50% extra u need will come from the anya quest anyways), shield blocking u can always use charms or get dex off items or save up some stats just in case. But it IS overpowered for too many char builds in xpac, so thats a major attraction to return or stay in classic...

OK, so what did you all accomplish this season? I made 3 pvm chars, one completely new, and got them all well up into the 90's: JoeUSstandard whirlwind maul barb, with good warcry to easily survive chaos sanct; a pois nova necro reviver (see guide on page 3 or so), and the first high lvl pure warcry barb on my realm in YEARS - a very successful barb (guide buried in one of the warcry posts). :worship:

Whats next? Hmm...well maybe an Enchantress or a Healer Pally. Hi-lvl enchant is very good, except of course against fire immunes (in hell chaos sanct, doom knights and venom lords are fi and they are about half the monsters there = sux, thats why poison is so good in the cs, no immunes! :clap: Not sure about a healer or cleric, someone posted that they do much better in xpac. When u die in diablo, u die fast, the necro has more tools in hand to keep u alive...

Any other suggestions :scratch: ?

5. DougDadyUsWest

DougDadyUsWest IncGamers Member

Healers are actually pretty helpful... not only for keeping the party alive but holy bolt is very effective in killing undead monsters who like to run away... Lord De Sies comes to mind...

This ladder season I've achieved lvl 94... :thumbsup: my previous highest was 92 on hardcore...I've only played a few basic chars :rolleyes: a few orb sorcs which I experimented with Vita builds vs. Mana Builds... I decided that the best sorc was a balance with at least 2K HPS and a strong mana supply... currently my sorc is at 2K HPS and 1900 mana :clap: ... and then my hammer pally. I had a summon necro to start off the season, i also started season 1 with a summon necro... they are just great to have around in normal and nightmare when things are first starting up . better for the summons to die than the party .. but with the limited number of hardcore players, I find it's not very fun to play chars dependent on a party to kill fast, hence my pally being played quite often (all the time..)

6. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

i'm gonna get my Tridge guys off GW and back onto hccl for the next ladder is what i'm gonna do. this season, i made an 86 on west nL classic ( fo/es sora "AnimalRights")and a 27 lld din("Veganism" *converted to xp for lack of duels*) for no real reason at all.. and just jumped on east ladder last week for kicks (83 bliz/es sora "Crass") and am currently making another lld din ("Reverend_Norb" if you can tell me who this is, i love you.) and a bvb bar ("AllOutWar") within the next week or so ^^;

soon as ladder resets, i'm gettin mark/andy/etc etc off GW for some Tridge-style HCCL running ^^;

7. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

Hey Tridge, I know you play HCC*L*, but I was wondering about HCCNL... I might think that you would know if people actually play it, or if there's only one game up every 3 months. Do you know of anybody, or a community for that matter, of HCCNL?

A sorceress with 2000(!!!) life and 1900(!!!) mana? How is this done? I mean, my sorcs almost all out Vit and she only has 1200 life, 300 mana. Or, is this just Xpac?

8. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

actually, i rarely played hccl this season.. you're probably thinking of mark ;p
    theres about 4 of us. last season i had an 80 bar, Tridge-Crusher (guess what build he used lol >_<), but this season i've been on sccl and sccnl... and omg *dies* scxnl, with lld101. i think somebody bought marks acct on east, bc theres someone on dexxrhc, and it aint him.
    i looked on hccnl recently, and there was 1 game up.

9. fredsta54

fredsta54 IncGamers Member

i was in the game, this hccl season, when triidge died in a private sora game, at lvl 91.

Was a pretty big event as i remember

Fred

10. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

yeah, mark was kinda pissed about that one. iirc he has a 90/91 on west and east atm. one of them is still alive i think.
    i got ahould of bb's ** din recently (tridge-birdy), but i'm afraid to play it because i am terrible with dins. mark and andy play GW now, and bb (my roommate) has been MIA for a week. he went upstate and never came back o_O ... he's probably at andy's house right now heh.

11. Fearlessone

He plays classic. Is this with BO? Alot of chars who play tons have bo mules. Here is how one can get alot of mana: 2x 60 mana rings, 80 mana amulet, 40 mana boots, 40? mana belt or lenymo, 60? mana armor socket with a psapphire adds 38 mana, 114 mana psapp helm, 50 mana shard, frostburns with +40% to mana. You also get a good bit of mana every time u lvl up as a sorc. Getting high +life items with high +mana is quite possible, but for them to have 2-3 other good stats is very hard.

If u go for huge life and mana, it will be hard to find items with the heavy resists u need for hell, so perhaps goldskin and Ward/3 pdiamond might be necessary. You might be able to get a wand with nice mana + energy with very nice resists, but u can only get 20% fcr on it.

My sorc has 870 life and 634 mana with high mana rings, shard, and frosties, and with pskull'd helm substituting the psapphires. I die lots, although being in softcore, risk taking is half the fun, not dying very often is the other half.

I just dont know how its possible to get to 94 in HC. You hear alot of stories. Exiting the game is a good way, although that makes it dangerous for the other players. How frequent it is when I dash to town for pots, I see multiple mid-80's players die like flies, cuz no one is guarding their flank anymore.) Then u hear there is like only one game up. If u find some decent items to trade for, who will u trade with?

12. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

My 84 sorc has 872 life, 56x mana. And is using mainly mf gear.

13. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

You learn to die alot less once you play HC for a while.

14. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

Oh, never thought of Battle Orders. With Battle Orders my sorc has 2500 life and 700ish mana. I guess then it is possible if you go 1/2 1/2. She'd only really require 900 life and 700-800ish mana I would think.