Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by unoplank, May 23, 2005.

1. unoplank

unoplank IncGamers Member

Upgrade Question

Hello all,

I don't post much here, but I have been a member for awhile. Anyway, on to my question.

I just started my first HC character the other day, a Strafeazon, and have been reading up on weapons/gear/strategy/etc. for her.

In doing this I read about the awesome bow Witch Wild String and how it is a very good weapon once you upgrade it to a Diamond Bow.

Then I read my PDF on horadric cubing and saw that upgrading Exceptional uniques to Elite item bases is ladder only.

Now comes my question, is this ladder only like Annihilus and new Runeword only? Or ladder only like Ladder only but also works in SP?

Btw: HC is awesome and I just started NM this morning @ lvl 45.

Thanks in advance.

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

All upgrading recipes and the original 1.10 runewords work in SP. Gheed's can also drop, but no annihilus since no DC.

- Noodle

3. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Yet another person asking about ladder recipes. I think i will start spamming the arreat summit about it. 10 emails a day should be enough.
    Anyway, anything 'ladder only' is availble in SP, including recipes and items, except the new set of 23 runewords and Diablo clone (along with anny charm).
    Edit: WWS is a good bow, although the cost of upping it maybe be a bit too high. unlike on bnet, runes are hard to come by, and theres probably better exceptional elites you could use that lum on. up to you though.

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I'm aghast! You mean to tell me you would resort to <shudder> spam?!? Inconceivable!

- Noodle

5. rsFdii

rsFdii IncGamers Member

Witchwild String really shines with dual Shael runes, however as farting bob has said, runes are relatively rare to come by, though Shael's aren't too bad, i've found three since I started single player about three weeks ago. I would think an upgraded Goldstrike Arch or Lycander's Aim would provide nice end-game solutions, Goldstrike for nice damage and innate IAS, and Lycander's for overall nice mods.

6. unoplank

unoplank IncGamers Member

Well, thanks for the information. The reason I have decided to aim towards a WWS is that it has low str requirements so I can pump more into Vitality (already at 600+ life @ lvl 45) and I have already found two of them in SC and no other great unique bows.

In SC I have found around 5-6 shaels so those shouldn't be too hard to come by. I am of course a purist so none of the SC stuff goes to my HC char and vice versa.

But yeah, I haven't seen a Lum since I started playing again in SC and would most likely use the first one I found (or cubed) to make 'Lionheart' for my little strafeazon in HC.