Upgrade Problems

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
Upgrade Problems

I got a ethereal Chaos Armor (Blade Hades) with 199ed (1536 defence), i upgrade it, and I find out the upgraded armor (shadow plate) has 1489 defence, which is even worse...
I have calculated the LOWEST possible defence for this armor, it is the following:
Lowest possible defence for shadow plate is 446, for ethereal its base defence has +50%ed, which is 446 X 1.5 = 669 defence
the armor has +199ed, so it has 669 X 2.99 = 2000.31 defence, but why the defence of my armor only have 1489? Is it a bug or other things?

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
When upgradeing ethereal armor you lose the ethereal bonus, I learned that after I upgraded my eth hoz :mad: . Its safe to upgrade eth weapons though just not armor.

IntelligentX

Diabloii.Net Member
o u got more pain than me, upgrade a eth hoz with lower def :( .....
darn blizzard juz let those little bugs jumping around the game and not telling anybody and let the "victim" number increase :mad: .....

Atticus

Diabloii.Net Member
the only ethereal armors worth upgrading are skullders and skin of the flayed one. you can still get more def than non upgraded (without the eth bonus) but -10 strength req. otherwise, upping eth armors isnt worth it. (but..if the bug WAS fixed...a perfect upped eth black hades would be godly)

Doll Call

Diabloii.Net Member
if you ask me there are NO eth armors worth upping. naturally you'll get more defense if you up the armor (unless its a helm, or shield... where the base defenses are so closely related you just effectively 'down' the armor). unless you think that minor strength benefit is worth zodding the armor with a bit more defense. if you ask me regular upped armor is way better... since you have a free socket. it would be awesome if this bug was fixed. upped eth vamp gaze, upped eth shaft, upped eth hades, upped eth hoz, upped eth g-angel would be amazing and very affordable.