Uped HOZ Question

Redman681

Diabloii.Net Member
Uped HOZ Question

I recently upgraded my HOZ and I gained 3 defense. It went from 481 to 484. What's the deal? The smite damage went up, but why did the defense not much up much at all? Thanks

Fongalv

Diabloii.Net Member
the base def of a glided shield is 144-168
base of zakarum shield is 169-193

not much of a boost...my guess is that urs is a low ed 1 too...

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
RetroStar said:
Atleast you didn't get a defense drop like my friend when he upgraded it.
The only way its possible to get a defense drop i if its ethereal. Non eth will never lose def - worst case is they stay the same.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't believe that applies to arreat face since the EDef% gap is so big. I remember his arreat face came out with a crappier defense.

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
RetroStar said:
I don't believe that applies to arreat face since the EDef% gap is so big. I remember his arreat face came out with a crappier defense.
Arreats not mentioned in the thread - yes it can get lower - HoZ cannot.
Also isn't nothing to do with the edef% but the base def.

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
Redman681 said:
So getting a crummy defense increase is somewhat common?
Well max you can get as increase is 72 on a perfect roll on a 200% hoz. So i guess average increase is about half that or below.
Its not really that much - the real reason to upgrade hoz is for smite damage. If you want defense get an ethereal nonupped.

kz777

Diabloii.Net Member
a unique shield (such as hoz) will always spawn with the highest def + 1, (your shield was probably a 184-185% ed), but if you up it, the shield defense for the elite shield is randomly chosen from the what its variables are( in your case u had a crappy 170 probably) and thats why yours is soo low