Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Updatin an old classic

Discussion in 'Druid' started by supernerd101, Apr 12, 2005.

1. supernerd101

supernerd101 IncGamers Member

Updatin an old classic

Hi, I have already begun making a char and to writing a guide on an old favorte of mine the arctic blast druid is ne intrested? V.1.10 seems to be very promising to this bulid (He'll most likely be PVm But I'll Try PVP too )

:clap:

2. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

If you get him past Nightmare, i'll give ya a cookie :)

If he's viable, then i will build one for myself... So yes, i guess you could say that i am interested.

3. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Couple of issues with the arctic blaster that I've encountered (i've always wanted to make one myself :uhhuh: ):

Next delay. This is what makes Inferno suck - and, unfortunately, a problem with arctic blast as well. Hit an enemy and you only do a fraction of your listed damage - until you hold the hose on him for a full second. Next delay prevents the blasts which form your stream from doing damage more than once in a given period of time - making arctic blast do lousy damage.

Next problem - even fully synergized, blast does LOUSY damage. Assuming full equip, a Nightwing (15%), and Doom (more or less the only option for this build), you will still have a hard time killing in hell.

Third problem: with no Warmth skill and a desperate need for constant mana, you'll have issues keeping your blue globe full.

Go for Doom, Nightwing (or a rare +2 Druid circlet socketed with two 5/5 cold facets, if you're STEEENKING rich . . .), Nigma (or a 4 cold facet Jeweler's armor - once again, if you're rich), Maras, double SoJ's, and Spider. Then load up on the elemental GCs - once again, assuming you're rich. It'll be fun to play, but likely less than effective.

4. supernerd101

I'm gunna try ne wyas still makes summin fun and in the end you can use him for pvm or start maxin pvp skills since you only need 60 skill points

5. Black_Dog

and i say go for it. It's harder than hell to take just about any character through hell solo unless you're one of the richest mofos on bnet.
    As long as you have fun building it, then that's all that matters! Remember... it's just a game ^_^

6. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

I've taken a IK ww druid solo through hell. The only problems I ran into were physical immunes and I get some decent elemental damage from the set so it wasn't all that bad.

7. Black_Dog

bleh, i guess it was just my characters that sucked >.<

Bleh, that's what you get for tryin to run Baal with a pvp turned pvm wolf >.<

8. Wrath_de_ik

Wrath_de_ik IncGamers Member

Actually it could work somehow.. with a lvl44 artic blast + synergies it has quite good damage: 5574 - 5968 cold dmg. I would use equipment something close to this. weapon: 'Doom' War axe, Shield: 'Spirit' or with 4x cold facet, Helm: 15% nightwing with cold facet, Armor: Enigma, Gloves: Frostburns, Boots: Sandstorms, Belt: arach, Rings: 2 x sojs, Amulet: Mara's, Charms: elemental gc's + anni.
    This equipment would give you:
    lvl12 holy freeze
    + 22-24 to cold skills
    - 65% - 85% to enemy cold resistance
    + 20% - 40% to cold skill damage
    5574 - 5968 Artic blast dmg

9. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Not bad - but I'd argue with two of your equip choices. First, an armor with 4 5/5 cold facets would work better than Enigma (in terms of sheer damage - and I'm overlooking cost, since this setup would be RIDICULOUSLY COSTLY anyway!). Second, why Sandstorms? Silkweaves would be far more effective in keeping your blue globe full, methinks - especially since blast is a costly skill to cast.

10. Lazy_BerZerker

Lazy_BerZerker Banned

What version are you talking about? 1.09? ;) Or else nice job :thumbsup:

It would totally remove all the fun of a build for pvm if you needed the best items out there just to be viable. The pvm guides should be for the "poor" players who doesn't know where to put skills/stats and what items are good for your build, in stead of it is more like this "Hey I have just got the most crassiest idea for a build! Max some random skill, get the best equiptment out there and rule in hell!" LOL :D

11. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Might be on ladder and if thats the case:

Insight

Level 12-17 Meditation Aura When Equipped (varies)
    +35% Faster Cast Rate
    +200-260% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +9 To Minimum Damage
    180-250% Bonus to Attack Rating (varies)
    Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
    +75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
    +1-6 To Critical Strike (varies)
    +5 To All Attributes
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

12. supernerd101

We'll see what happens I just got tiredd of playin my windy and my my fire claw and I got bored in 1.9 with wolves and I don't like summons so I'll try this little guy

13. Black_Dog

Yeah, just have fun with it. The reason i have my rule about Nightmare is because i agree with Lazy over there. He's got a good point.
    I mean, c'mon... you can still have fun with an unusual pvm build even if you only get him through nm. Cuz nowadays, you usually do need some very costly gear to get through Hell.

Anyway, keep us updated on this... unless it gets uber boring and you ditch it ;)

14. supernerd101

I can't get him through solo through hell but team wise I will since he will be team oriented an after maxing arctic blast you will have 3 diff routes to go ( fire, or max out huricane synergies,or go summon) since you can max out his synergies and arctic blast at level 60 but I may not update anyone till my exams are over (I got alota opinions on stats etc... to waste upon you guys)

15. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Hey I mf the pits in hell w/ my lvl 76 bowabarb on hc w/ kuko !!!!!!

edit: my max damage output = 376 woot woot.

16. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

LOL! How long does it take to clear the pit???

17. Paranoize

Paranoize IncGamers Member

Hmm , strange development. Maybe an "infinity" merc would do quite good job. With the doom and all the cold facets u would lower the enemies' resistance by circa 200% :clap: And the free skills u may put into dire wolves, vines, sages and ravens... Calling the whole forest to arms may help you vs the players with weak machines :lol: Who says lag sux hihih . In party with a skeletons summoning necromancer i would say: This dru f'n rulezz :cool: Love this guide! If i was a guide too , i would marry this one :D