Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Updated: The Story of Diablo

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Flux, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

Flux Submitted a news story

Updated: The Story of Diablo

Blizzard has updated their online Story of Diablo. It summarizes the story up to this point (with D3-era Metcons included) and takes the tale through events in Reaper of Souls. The RoS portion of the story begins on page 54, and should be useful for those of you who rushed through the Campaign Mode without really reading or listening, and have only played Adventure Mode since. *cough*

Updated: The Story of Diablo. Here's the last page of the book, which seems to provide some pretty clear foreshadowing to what we might see as the plot of the next Diablo 3 expansion:

...And Tyrael wondered if his Nephalem allies, who had now bested champions of both Heavens and Hells, would one day fall to the same corruption that brought low even the greatest of the Archangels.

We've speculated about that on the podcast, since it seemed the only place for the story to go. After besting all of the Demons (repeatedly) and taking out the strongest of the Angels... what's left to fight other than our corrupted selves? (It's a familiar trope in fiction, you know.)
    Continue reading the Original Story

2. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Member

One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.

3. uckethea

uckethea IncGamers Member

Shouldn't be hard to kill us. Just drop a jailer or phasing hulk beast.

4. koko

koko IncGamers Member

Seems that Imperius is much stronger than Nephalems. In one spell he can blow a demonic fence and a horde of daemons (at the entrance of Pandemonium).

5. Mortalo

Mortalo IncGamers Member

And what's new about that? Tyreal says that at the end cinematic of the game. I see no point of this news. I hoped for some breaking news, and that's just old stuff everyone knows.

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

In my experience, when it comes to knowing about the game story or lore, "everyone" is a pretty small slice of the pie.

7. Mortalo

Mortalo IncGamers Member

I bet this people who didn't knew that before, didn't bother to visit this new :p Nitpicking :D

8. Carlyle

Carlyle IncGamers Member

Nephalem fighting each other sounds an aweful lot like the plot for a game introducing the PvP system which they've actually already sold you with the base game, but never delivered. Instead they made players attackable, called that Brawling, and said that was the fully fleshed out arena pvp system with a dedicated reward structure and feature implementation they were advertizing as post-release patch content.

As much as I doubt that there will be another expansion for D3, the less I doubt their brazenness of selling you the same feature as a separate product for the second time.

9. Turbojugend

Turbojugend IncGamers Member

REVIVE DECKARD CAIN!!!