Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

updated bone or hybrid guide?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by uptoolayte, Sep 16, 2006.

1. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

updated bone or hybrid guide?

Hi I want to try out a necro but need an updated version of souless's guide if there is one. Is the bone necro pretty much the best necro build? I know I have the hardest time with them when I'm dueling. Gear cost is not a problem just want to make the godliest possible. Thanks for replys!

oh and is bone/hybrid better than pure bone, don't really know the difference in dueling.

2. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

you should check the mouldy tome section in the necro forum. ^_^
    for dueling i think the main 2 options really are either boners or novamancers. i am not sure which is better, though my guess is when somebody who knows more than me comes on you will find out lol. gear, hmmmm..... that depends i guess on how you want to build him =P

depends on what you mean by a hybrid. i believe in one of the mouldy tome sections it's mentioned that hybrids such as poison/bone and summon/bone aren't really viable, seeing as how the marrow bug has been fixed.

3. uptoolayte

I usually look at the forum guides, I posted because every player I've made from a guide was very outdated, most of them were made in 04 and 05, so just wanted to get a very updated guide from someone who duels regularly and successfully. By hybrid I mean any other type of bone mancer that uses another skill that is more effective than pure bone, if one exists.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Bone-hybrids were pretty much killed after the removal of the Marrowwalk bug. Most author's have since left and won't update their guide. Your best bet is using search to see what you can find when it comes to gear. Tactics and skill distributions generally don't change.

5. uptoolayte

Well I want a necro build that is better than the others. I know someone will chime in "there is no best pvp necro" and thats crap. There is always a best version of each class and is limited to one or two godly builds. Pally's have V/T's and liberators/smite. Druids have windy's. Necros have to have a build that is better than the rest. Thats all I want to know. Whos goes into pubs and just dominates like I do with my pally?

6. uptoolayte

Wow the pally forum is so much more active and helpful, comon any GOOD bone necs out there?

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

I duel with a bone and summoning necro. As Mantis said, all hybrids got killed off with the patch, so u have 3 options really for necros. Poison, summoning, and bone.
    Poisin= dunno, never tried, would think it would be hard to get the last hp though... would need to go melee.... eek.
    Bone= A lot of unblockable magical dmg. Nice, not the best PVM build for lvling though, played right can beat almost every char.
    Summoning= Extremely good PVM and PVP build. Strongest all around build for necros in the 1:11 patch. decriptify enemy and tele. If melee fighter, iron maiden enemy and tele. ALL barbs, melee paladins etc will die against this build quickly. No charge lock either due to iron maiden and many minions. Problems come with high dmg fireball sorcs and godly hammerdins.

Items you'll need for both builds are
    Engima (for tele and +skills)
    Shako (for +skills and life)
    +3 to your skill tree ammy (bone or summoning), preferably with +resists.
    Homunculus (for resists and +skills)
    Arachnids Mesh (+skills and fcr)
    2x soj or bk (depends whether you need life or mana)
    magefist (fcr)
    6+ gc skillers (preferably with +life)
    anni
    torch
    +8 bone spear white wand or hoto/beast for summoner

Thats all for gear, i prefer the summoner, but its ur call :rolleyes:

8. uptoolayte

with hoto this only gives you 80 fcr and virtually NO FHR.