Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

upd(put item name here)

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by betaone, Mar 12, 2004.

1. betaone

betaone IncGamers Member

upd(put item name here)

i see upd shafts upd goldstrieks and everything.. is it like a quest or is it a special mod that comes on the item? can someone please help me out!

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Upgrading armor and weapons is a new feature allowed by the use of a recipe with the horadric cube in 1.10.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/cube.shtml:

#1 - 1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example an Axe is turned into a Cleaver. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.

#2 - 1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example a Cleaver is turned into a Small Crescent. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Exceptional Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain.

#3 - 1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
    This formula changes the base item type from the normal to exceptional version. For example Quilted Armor is turned into Ghost Armor. This does NOT convert the item to the Exceptional Unique version of the Unique Item. So you cannot for example use this formula to transform Greyform into The Spirit Shroud. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

#4 - 1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example Ghost Armor is turned into a Dusk Shroud. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain. Armor refers to any sort of armor, including helms, boots, belts, gloves and shields, not just body armor.

ie. that upgraded shaftstop was made using recipe #4 (mesh armor is exceptional and upgraded will become boneweave armor which is elite), and the goldstrike used recipe #2 to go from gothic bow (exceptional) to hydra bow (elite).

3. BoneBender

BoneBender IncGamers Member

I have a question about this to.
    Lets say i have a normal unique item lets say biggins bonnet (cap) can i ugrade it dirrectly to an elite (shako) or do i have to make in exeptional (war hat) first?

normal-> elite ?
    normal->exceptional->elite?

4. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

normal->exceptional->elite

5. betaone

betaone IncGamers Member

so its possible to turn a reguler shako using those recipies to a uniqe shako?

6. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

no.

or u can use the following recipe:
    obtain um rune (or higher)
    go to channels/forums.
    offer rune for shako.

viola... you turned rune into shako!

7. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

If you read the recipes I listed one more time, you'll see that you need a unique exceptional or normal item in order to upgrade it to a higher version of the same unique.

8. alsetzer

alsetzer IncGamers Member

As a "for instance" for you, to see the benefit of this,

I took my Guardian Angel armor that my USEast Ladder Paladin was using...

Guardian Angel Templar Coat

Defense: 770-825 (varies)(Base Defense: 252-274)
    Required Level: 45
    Required Strength: 118
    Durability: 60
    +180-200% Enhanced Defense(varies)
    +20% Increased Chance Of Blocking
    +30% Faster Block Rate
    + (2.5 Per Character Level) 2-247 To Attack Rating Against Demons (Based On Character Level)
    +1 To Paladin Skill Levels
    +4 To Light Radius
    15% To Maximum Poison Resist
    15% To Maximum Cold Resist
    15% To Maximum Lightning Resist
    15% To Maximum Fire Resist

...and I decided to "up" it with a lem, ko, and pdiamond in my cube. It changed the base item (the templar coat) to (hellforge plate)

The benefit of this is that the 180-200 Enhanced Defense mod of the unique Armor is going from the higher base defense of the Hellforge plate. (my particular went from about 800 def to somewheres between 1200-1600, cant remember exactly I'm at work. =/ )

If you zip over to the stats forum, there are some threads on the best armors and weapons to upgrade with those hard earned runes.

Good Gaming!

ps. watch out for the new requirements to use the up'd items, the str reqirement on my G.Angel went from 118 to 198 :'(
    I actually couldn't equip it until i socketed a -req% jewel in it...But it still rocks!