Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Up'd Gore Riders

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Dementia, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Dementia

Dementia IncGamers Member

Up'd Gore Riders

Whats the recipe to upgrade boots?

2. InfiniteWisdom

InfiniteWisdom IncGamers Member

3. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

I donno, maybe I'm just in kind of a pi*sy mood today, but woulden't it be more efficient to just go look up the answer rather than posting it here and waiting for someone to respond to it? Even if, (lets assume you have no idea where to look), you
    went to google and did a search for 'diablo upgrade recipes' and hit "I'm feeling lucky" it would take you directly to the Horadric Cube -- v1.10 recipies page on diabloii.net.

I don't mean to come down on you or anything, but seriously, no joke, I know for a fact that it took you longer to type the subject of your thread, followed by the content (Whats the recipe to upgrade boots?) than it would have to go to google and type 'diablo upgrade recipes' .. Maybe it's just me, but I just find that wierd.

4. DistortedRiff

DistortedRiff IncGamers Member

I tried the I'm feeling lucky thing and it brought up a site with the lists. But it also tried to install a .cab file on me :S

5. det

det IncGamers Member

Well, since it's a Blizzard game, its not hard to guess that you'd find something on Blizzards home page...and sure enough, there it is..the Arreat Summit.

;)

6. Paladuck

Paladuck IncGamers Member

Everyone else is right, but I'll tell you anyway, because it sucks to get flamed just because you don't know any better. The recipie to upgrade exceptional armor/boots/gloves/helms is

Ko Rune + Lem Rune + Perf Diamond + Gore Riders

Ladder only, btw

7. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Ya, see now that it's saturday, and I'm not in as bad of a mood as yesterday when I was at work, I probably would have just put up the recipe for the guy.. :) .. thanks paladuck.. :)

oh, and for the person that tried the i'm feeling lucky thing on google and it diden't work,,, I'm in Canada, so whenever it type in www.google.com, it forwards me to google.ca don't know if that would make the difference or not.. :)

8. lesofprimus

lesofprimus IncGamers Member

I've been lookin into assassin pretty hard, tryin to get mine where it needs to be... And I keep seein that upgraded gore riders (War Boot) are better for kick damage (DTail) than shadow dancer (myrmidon greaves)...

Could someone please clarify this for me??? I thought when u upgrade something, it changes to the next class up...

If this is true, then war boots change to wyrmhyde boots...

War Boot damage : 39-80
    Wyrmhyde Boot: 65-100
    Myrmidon Greaves: 83-149

Gores have:
    10% Open wounds
    15% crushing blow
    15% deadly strike
    30% FRW

Shadow Dancer has:
    +2 Shadow Disp.
    30% FRW
    30% FHR
    +25 Dex

Looking at this, Im almost convinced that shadow dancer greaves are wayyy better than up'd gores..... From a damage perspective....

DS does not work on kicks...

So we are looking at faster attack (+2 BoS), better weapon block (+2 WB), better Cloak of Shadows (+2), better shadow master (+2) , Higher damage (Boot Damage), Higher damage again (+25 dex), 30% FHR (which a dual wielding loves)

VS.

less damage, slower attack, less block, 10% Open wounds, 15% Crushing blow...

Open wounds and crushing blow CANNOT reasonably outweigh the additive bonus's of shadow dancer...

Someone please comment on this... Everywhere I look, they sayin "use up'd gores... better than shadows"

I dont see it...

9. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Don't know where you heard this from....Shadow Dancers are Myrmidon Greaves, and so are Upgraded Gore Riders(War Boots > Myrmidon Greaves). They both have exactly the same boot damage. Shadow Dancers have a slightly greater Kick damage from the +DEX on it, but this isn't much of a factor, as DEX is only applied once in the Kick damage equation.

While Shadow Dancers do indeed have a lot of desirable mods, for DTalon kickers in particular(and WW Assassins, from what I hear), CB/OW mods are worth their weight in gold, as they attack so fast they're able to trigger CB multiple times. The DS might not work with Kicks, but it does with WW, so that's another plus.

The returns of BoS at high levels really drop taper off, so there's not much difference here IMO. Same applies for WB(though WB is still a top priority for PvP'ers). An SM is liable to get killed in less than a minute in Hell anyway(not to mention PvP), unless you max it(though most builds won't have this luxury). I'll concede the FHR comes in really handy(esp. for PvPers), though.

So, IMO it's more of a choice between a little more Kick damage + FHR vs. CB/OW/DS. Not to mention, Shadow Dancers are probably rarer and more expensive than Upgraded Gore Riders.

10. lesofprimus

hmmm.. im confused Nali...

When u upgrade, it upgrades to the highest class???

looking at the listing of boot classes:

war boot (Gore riders)
    wyrmhyde
    scarabshell
    boneweave
    mirrored
    myrmidon (Shadow dancers)

I was under the assumption that when u upgraded, it brought u to the next class... not to the top...

Am I wrong???

11. Mr.Grimmy

Mr.Grimmy IncGamers Member

Hi,
    It looks as though you are looking at a list of boots by lvl requirement or possible str requirement. The way the upgrade works is not to the next lvl requirement of boot but from normal->exceptional->elite version of the boot. In this case it would be greaves->war boots->myrmedon greaves. Another example would be light plated boots-> battle boots -> mirrored boots
    check out the arreat summit on battlenet for lists of normal, exceptional, and elite items. Hope this helps.

12. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

EDIT: Mr.Grimmy beat me to it :(

C-Beat

13. lesofprimus

AAAAHHHH.... I see said the blind man to the deaf man...

thx for clearin that up guys....