Up ripcracker vs eth windhammer 4 ubers

MasterMegatron

Diabloii.Net Member
Up ripcracker vs eth windhammer 4 ubers

By chance diablo managed to drop an eth windhammer for me. I dont have ripcracker ( sold one while still a newbie ). So which is better? Is it still possible to solo ubers with the windhammer?

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Hard to say from those two. But i would still go with the ribcracker because of the ungodly amount of strength needed for the windhammer and the fhr on the ribcracker might be nice to have :thumbsup:

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree, it's not nearly as good as a Ribcracker, but it is probably good enough. I wouldn't waste a Zod to perm an eth Windhammer, but you could use it only against the Ubers. It would eventually break, but not before you finish the job.

Osmium

Diabloii.Net Member
Two-Hand Damage:143-169
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 25
Durability: 130
Base Weapon Speed: [0]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
Adds 30-65 Damage
+50% Damage To Undead
50% Chance Of Crushing Blow
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
+100 Defense
+15 To Dexterity

this is the ribcracker

Two-Hand Damage:296-349
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 225
Durability: 60
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+180-230% Enhanced Damage (varies)
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
60% Increased Attack Speed
33% Chance To Cast Level 22 Twister On Striking
+50% Damage To Undead

this is the Thunder...........non eth............

for a strength/vitality fury druid like me that thunder maul is just screaming.........i would pick the eth and zod it.....no doubt.......i wouldn't use ribcracker.....it's just not my style.......

Pucho

Banned
and this is a ribby :)
Ribcracker
Stalagmite
'Shael'
Two-Hand Damage: 300 to 451 (255-386 to 330-493)
Durability: 130 of 130
Required Dexterity: 35
Required Strength: 63
Required Level: 56
Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 84
Fingerprint: 0xe3f397ac
+15 to Dexterity
+100% Enhanced Defense
+261% Enhanced Damage
+30 to Minimum Damage
+65 to Maximum Damage
+100 Defense
+100 Maximum Durability
Required Level +7
70% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Hit Recovery
150% Damage to Undead
50% Chance of Crushing Blow
Socketed (1: 1 used)
@osmium: the damage of a windhammer should be (215-296) To (254-349) the ribby win in the damage department for a mile

Osmium

Diabloii.Net Member
oh well........my mistake.......don't realy know much about ribbys.......and what guide did you used pucho?i would like to know that site:D

Pucho

Banned
guide? that's just my upped ribcracker (it could have been better, still waiting for a higher ed% one) I've taken the windhammer stats from arreat summit website

edit: forgot to add, the ribby, when upped changes its base speed from [0] to [10] so, windhammer is a bit faster there, but I don't think it affects fury speed. I'm not a druid expert

TheBassman

Diabloii.Net Member
If I recall, the windhammer should hit 5 frame fury where as the Up'd Ribby will only hit 6 frame unless it is shael'd. Correct me if I'm wrong.

IMO, ribcracker has better stats but is slower and windhammer is faster but has mediocre stats at best, Up'd Ribby FTW.

xpumafangx

Diabloii.Net Member
Clay the windhammer gets a 6fps fury when non shealed. When shealed it will get a 5fps fury. It is not worth zodding. I tend to use windhammers60%1soct, bonehews30%2soct, and ik muals40%2soct when I was poor. All I can say is to sheal20%ias the crap out of all of them and you will get a 5fps fury. Ribby is ten times cooler then all 3 of those as well. Also why I tend to not like eth orge or thungder muals because the uniques need sheals and the runewords dont have 5fps.

I am sorta wondering if some people here are talking about how great the thundermual is only because they want to justafiy the fact that they enjoyed using it. When or if they still did. There is nothing wrong with that. But at the same time people should move on to newer/better weapons, well newer to them. It is because I do not want to confuse the readers that dont post. Into beliving that thundermuals are a good ideal for a weapon.

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Is the damage really that important. Cos that seems to be the biggest drive for the windhammer. Crushing blow is the one that takes the ubers down. And the damage is still quite even. So ribcracker seems to win by a fair margin.

TheBassman

Diabloii.Net Member
xpumafangx said:
Clay the windhammer gets a 6fps fury when non shealed. When shealed it will get a 5fps fury.
I think you're wrong puma. Ogre Mauls have a base weapon speed of -10 and the unique Windhammer gives it an extra 60% Weapon IAS, thus hitting a 5Frame Fury at Slvl 20 WW without the use of a Shael Rune.

If you type in "Weapon Speed Calculator" into google and click on the first link you will get a calculator that gives these results. I believe it is a competeing site so I won't post the link. :grin:

If I'm wrong let me know. :thumbsup:

TheBassman

Diabloii.Net Member
I could but the long way wasted more time. I have lots of time to waste today. Thanks for confirming 5Frame fury with WH.

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
LesClaypool said:
I think you're wrong puma. Ogre Mauls have a base weapon speed of -10 and the unique Windhammer gives it an extra 60% Weapon IAS, thus hitting a 5Frame Fury at Slvl 20 WW without the use of a Shael Rune.

If you type in "Weapon Speed Calculator" into google and click on the first link you will get a calculator that gives these results. I believe it is a competeing site so I won't post the link. :grin:

If I'm wrong let me know. :thumbsup:
Just to clarify, the Ogre Maul has a base weapon speed of 10.

The weapon speed calculator you are referring to inverts the base value so that -10 is input as 10 and 10 is input as -10.

TheBassman

Diabloii.Net Member
Uhm no lol the calculator I used has a weapon selector and it has the speeds already set for each weapon... Ah and I just realized I'm an idiot and put a -10 infront by accident...

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd choose the upped ribby any day of the week. Aside from the damage and crushing blow, 50% FHR on a weapon is just godly, and that +100% defense and +100 straight defense makes your trip to tristram that bit safer.

LeegionOnEast

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw a freaky PvP Wind-Wolf that used Windhammer. The basis was to stun you over and over and over again. This might be more efficient as a bear however.

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting, but the only way I'd possibly see someone picking Windhammer over up-ed Rib is if they were building, like u said, a pure Windy Werewolf with carrions, atmas, and 'Rain' just for kicks. That'd be fun to see though :smiley: