Untwinked Trapsin MF skills questions

Tiger_Spirit

Diabloii.Net Member
Untwinked Trapsin MF skills questions

Hello all,

Well, after 1 years of non-playing LoD, I decided to come back a little, and of course, in hardcore.

So I started a Trapsin 1 week ago (mainly for MF), she's now lvl 51 got 1 points in each skill in the shadow tree (minus Venom, no need it), and 20 in Lightning Sentry (LS) as well as 20 in Death Sentry (DS).

I was wondering now if I need to max out Fire Blast (FB), and put then 20 points in Charged Bolt Sentry (CBS) in or I can deal with Lightning Immunes (LI) in hell with just merc (holy freeze) + shadow master + death sentry, and max out all LS synergies to be more effective.

I need your advice just about this, and I was thinking like she's gonna be mainly MF char, boosting all Light synergies maybe better for killing speed (but anyway will slow me down if I came against LI), so I need your help.

PS: English is not my native language, so apologize for some grammars and vocabularys faults :tongue:

Full_Circle

Diabloii.Net Member
I would say go with the full synergy build. If you're going to primarily be using this character for MF, there's no reason to spend 20 in Fire Blast, as most of your MFing will be in areas with little or no lightning immunity.

I'd also recommend you use something other than a Holy Freeze merc. The cold aura shatters bodies, which makes DS less effective. Might is probably the best choice. Prayer is another option. Or you could go with a Barbarian merc using Lawbringer - a good choice if you plan to do a lot of Pindle runs.

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
I agree on the Holy Freeze part. Get a might merc. He'll be able to dish out alot of damage and help your shadow damage wise too. This will be valuable in getting a corpse explosion.

Tiger_Spirit

Diabloii.Net Member
Okej, I decided not to go with the full synergies build, but with the Fire Blast too, anyway I will take a might merc, just for killing speed.

Why Fire Blast instead of full synergies build?
First, I just enter Nightmare, and I want this character to be guardian, and also to solo a lot, so Fire Blast is needed for hell.

Anyway, like I'm gonna mainly mf solo, FB adds extra shot to DS, which when 1 ennemy is down, on /players 1 settings, DS is really deadly, and even more than LS.

Thanks on the answer ;)

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
You need to have some method to handle the lightning immunes. The following are pretty much standard alternatives:

Infinity

My merc has infinity and I think this is the best solution for trappers. The conviction aura from infinity breaks lightning immunities. This lets your main killer LS work just like it did in NM and you can use pretty much the same tactics in hell.

Max Fireblast

My lvl 79 trapsin uses fireblast to take on the light immunes and it works pretty good if you can get SM+merc to pin down the light immunes.

Martial Arts

This is a pretty good alternative. DS is the fastest good way to deliver crush blow and you can get lots of damage with upgaded gore rider boots. One point in DF is very usefull. When you DF into and enemy it bring your merc and SM with you into attack and solves the problem of them going to sleep or hiding when you need them to fight.

Tiger_Spirit

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for respond, but for the infinity (ber mal ber ist) I think I will never get enough rich for having one (maybe only in my dream).

For the martial arts, I won't think I'm gonna get them, because it means staying close to ennemy to hit them, and I have not a long experience of assassin, especially in hc, and even using the CoS skill.

So I'll go with FireBlast.

bigD72

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for respond, but for the infinity (ber mal ber ist) I think I will never get enough rich for having one (maybe only in my dream).

For the martial arts, I won't think I'm gonna get them, because it means staying close to ennemy to hit them, and I have not a long experience of assassin, especially in hc, and even using the CoS skill.

So I'll go with FireBlast.
It's actually really easy to get rich enough to get an infinity (if I can do it, anyone can.)

You'll just need to collect ~200 p gems.