Untwinked DTalon Kicker/Trapper

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member
Untwinked DTalon Kicker/Trapper

I'm uncertain about which boots I should shoot for, Boneweaves or Mirrored Boots. They are very close in average dam. BW-93.5 MB-97.5, but the mirrored boots need 45 more strength to use giving me 135 less life if I go for them. So which boots should I use?

neumein

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not sure what you're really aiming for here. My Trap-Dancer used Shadow Dancers, because of the nice skill bonus, and their great damage. If you just want Dtalon to be used for applying crushing blow in a hurry, just wear whatever you can comfortably spare and go from there. If you want Dtalon to be doing good damage, you need to get the "myrmidon greaves" style of boots, and shinkick things to death. Yes, you will have less life, but you do more damage, meaning more leech, which is a nice compromise in my opinion.

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member
It's in the titled but I guess I should have included it in my post as well, I'm playing untwinked. I currently have no crushing blow, I'm hoping to find some but I have my doubts. So I'm looking to get the best boots I can get without putting too much strength into my sin and leaving her with too little life to survive in hell. I wasn't think of lifeleech, so I guess I should at least go to Mirrored Boots.

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member
I really don't know if it's possible or not. I do have enough skills to max at least 3 lightning skills (LS,DS,CBS), plus 18 points in DTalon and 6 points in Weapon Block. I've calculated that it will take until level 83 to get to that point then I will decide where I need to put the rest of my points. I'm hoping it works, I'm in act 4 nightmare now and it is starting to get tough so we'll see. :smiley:

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Nothing really helps Dtalon except BOS, so youre free to put as many skill points into traps as you want. However, your kick damage will be miserable if you dont pump str. 300 str is the absolute lowest I'd want going into hell for acceptable damage while kicking. Since this may be more than you want, I would recommend the CB route. I think theres some easy to get runeword that has a lot of CB so that would be a good option. This is tremendously effictive against bosses/uniques (so your physical damage doesn't really matter) and traps are very good against everything else so I wouldn't recommend the mirrored boots unless you do plan on pumping str.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player
Trouble is the high str requirement on the boots. Upped gore riders are the best option due to the -requirements and the nice mods. But getting these untwinked may be difficult - Countess for Ko+Lem and Hell Meph runs for the boots are required. Have a look at these:

Gore Rider
Myrmidon Greaves
Defense: 183
Durability: 34 of 34
Kick Damage: 83 to 149
Required Strength: 156
Required Level: 72
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x54710009
+20 to Maximum Stamina
+166% Enhanced Defense
+10 Maximum Durability
Requirements -25%
Required Level +7
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance of Open Wounds
15% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike

Maybe try a different martial art? Have a look at Nightfish's Tiger Strike / Death Sentry Assassin build in the strategy compendium / stickies.

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I just got my sin to act 1 hell, I'm gonna go back to nm and try to mf up a few good items before I stay in hell and at 62nd level I need more levels to survive hell. I also got a Ko at hell forge so now I just need to find a Lem and a pair of Gore Riders. Can I get a Lum from nm countess? I really need one to make smoke armor.

Deaddave

Diabloii.Net Member
hmm i mite have to get myself a second set of gore riders and up them for my pvp chars, the str reqirment is the same as storm sheild hmmm

any back on topic the nm countess can drop it(i think.. runs to cheak atma) althought it may take a while to drop

edit yes she can its a chance of 1:10023,

Llathias

Banned
edit yes she can its a chance of 1:10023,
which is half as likely to drop compared to NM Andy, as NM Countess' special rune drop goes up to Io.

Upped Gore Rider is definitely the ultimate kicker boots. Much easier to obtain than Shadow Dancers (or any decent pair of rare Myrmidon Greaves), has great stats for any melee character and more manageable requirements, in addition to the max possible kick damage. NM Baal might give you a pair while you're still leveling on him for Hell difficulty. That is, unless the D2 Gods realize that you're looking for them...

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm uncertain about which boots I should shoot for, Boneweaves or Mirrored Boots. They are very close in average dam. BW-93.5 MB-97.5, but the mirrored boots need 45 more strength to use giving me 135 less life if I go for them. So which boots should I use?
Go with the Mirrored, and use your imbues on them. life > damage. Craft some blood gloves that give IAS and decent CB percentage.

crg

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
is a pure kicker possible untwinked? or do she have enough skills to invest into traps.
It is possible. My first SPUMF char made it past A3 hell without any reruns, untwinked, using TS and dragon tail. SC of course, but if you are patient, even HC might be possible.