Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Untwinked companion for fire sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by YomoKimyata, Feb 12, 2004.

?

How many SOJs hav u legitly found?

1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Untwinked companion for fire sorc

I just convinced an old friend who has not played in years to come back to the dark side and start playing 1.10 ladder. He wants to go with a pure fire sorc (i assume meteor and synergies) , and I was trying to figure out what to play to complement him -- your input welcome. Objective is for the two of us to kill Hell Baal and finish the game before retiring.

Obviously, primary concern is dealing with fire immunes. Also, since we will be playing completely untwinked, need a character that is not highly equipment dependent. Finally, want to play something at least vaguely interesting that i have not tried in 1.10 (this rules out Pallys, Zons and Assys - Don't particularly like them). so I see my choices are:

Barb to serve as tank and BO provider. Pros: me likey the choppy choppy, and I want to try the challenge of beating Hell in 1.10 with a melee character. Cons: relatively slow killer, need a ton of LL which may not be so easy untwinked,

Werebear Druid. Pros: never played one before, crowd control with shockwave, extra life with OAK. Cons: same as barb above, fireclaws will suffer with fire immunes.

Werewolf (Rabies/Fury) Druid. Pros: really want to try rabies, would work wonders on fire immunes, extra life with OAK. Cons: same as barb

P&B Necro. Pros: never played one, good crowd control with bonewalls/prisons for meteor, lower resist curses. Cons: equipment dependent I think.

Pure lightning sorc. Pros: I loved chain lightning in 1.10, second element to attack fire immunes. cons: will be fighting over the same equipment with my friend, no tanks other than mercs

Pure cold sorc. Pros: will probably kill faster than lightning sorc, never played with blizzard before. Cons: see lightning sorc.

I have already pretty much ruled everything else out for now, but if you have input, I am listening.

2. Mr Evil

Mr Evil IncGamers Member

Have you considered a summoning necro? Not equipment dependent and can use the lower resist curse which will break many immunes and generally increase damage from the sorc.

I think a paladin with conviction would be ideal, to give a huge boost to fire damage, but as you said they require good equipment to work well.

3. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

Unfortunately I already have a summoner necro and a wind druid on ladder, so i don't want to make another. And for some reason I just don't like playing pallys, which is why i didn't include them in the poll.

4. Lantto

Lantto IncGamers Member

How about an avenger? They dont need a great weapon for big dmg and conviction is great with a sorc.

Guess you answed while I wrote this post. Id go with barb then. Theyre not too good nowdays, but tank+BO is great with sorc.

5. zaphette

zaphette IncGamers Member

Werewolf druids are really fun. They kill quite fast and tank a ton.

I am only just starting a bear. Only clvl23 so can't give too much feedback. The shockwave thing looks pretty cool, but I don't actually have it yet. In theory SW would be a great combo with meteor to hold everyone still till the bombs start dropping.

Good luck and have fun!

BTW is this HC or SC?

6. prion

prion IncGamers Member

from your choices I would pick ironbarb w/zerk backup or a rabies/fury druid