Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

'Untwinked' Amazon - which ?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Aerath, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

'Untwinked' Amazon - which ?

I'm saying 'untwinked' as I have no high end gear and not a lot of good low lvl gear either... Just a few goodies...

I made a post similar to this awhile ago, but it vanished in the forums crash and I can't remember what the replies where...

What Amazon would be the best with a little twinking ? If possible, I'd prefer a Bowazon, since I do have a couple bows, but not a single good Javelin.

Got a nice ammy for amazon (lvl 31 req, +1 Skills, +5 to min dmg, +1 Str, +10 life, all res +17... if only it could've been +2 Skills ....) so that's what got me thinking :)

2. fyre_monkey

fyre_monkey IncGamers Member

well as far as bowazons go, theres not much left thats good, but strafe is always good i myself am making what i call a Freezazon. a freezing arrow and strafe based bowazon. i'm going to give it some cold rainbow facets (expensive)

3. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Okay - how item dependent is a Javazon then ? Do you really -have- to have a Titan's or Thunderstroke to make it work well ? :)

Will check out the Strafeazon builds :)

4. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I have a level 84 plague / lf javazon that I love. Totally untwinked. I haven't found Titan's yet, but found a +2 jav skills magic one that works pretty well for me. She does well in the pit.

5. ogz

ogz IncGamers Member

i have a LF zon mostly untwinked until I MF and found stuff for her
    she only uses a +2 ama skills that i found in the shops..

she's only safe for pindle and nm cow runs though hehe :)

6. 10 Speed

10 Speed IncGamers Member

I'm guessing (obviously) that it comes down to builds not dependant on weapon damage?

7. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i have a decent rare mat jav. however, before that, i used some garbage from the store with the "thin" prefix.

the main thing for me was to use +mana per kill, which supported it.

regarding bow, all you need is either some pemeralds or ptopz (both is good, switch for immunes.) a 3+ ptopz bow carries me through most of norm, and a 3+ pemerald bow can get you through all the bosses in nm.

without a decent weapon in hell, however, you will have a very difficult time. LF with a crap jav only works vs non-light immunes. if you go FA, any fast bow will do but you need to buy tons of mana pots.

8. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Question... Been reading a wee bit more... hybrid looks nice...

And I think that won't be too 'item costly' ?

9. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

If you are not decently wealthy, bowzon is out of question. Use a LF zon, you can kill with a cracked javalin.

10. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

I agree. Bowazons are just too item-dependent to be strong. I have a completely untwinked bowazon who made it to matriarch but it took a lot of time and effort. My gear is almost all exceptional only and I even used rares. Imagine... it took me almost 10 minutes to dispose of Hell Baal and an even longer time to kill Hell Ancients. So hard for bowazons with crap gear....

Javazons on the other hand can just really on massive lightning damage to get through most parts of the game. Only problem are LIs which are common in Hell.

11. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

You might want to look into crushing blow equipment, having a 4 Eth, 2 Shael phaseblade on switch with a lot of crushing blow puts down most bosses fast. :)

12. Kitriara

Kitriara IncGamers Member

Kit's standard untwinked, unrushed, overpowered amazon build:

Start with:
    20 Lightning Fury
    20 Poison Jav
    20 Plague Jav
    10 Valk
    ...get a few points into pierce so your Lightning Fury can wreck house, then finish maxing Valk. Drop a single point into whatever pre-reqs are required.

Merc:
    Act 3 Cold

This is the build I went with when 1.10 first went live. I took her into her mid or so 80s and was in the top 20 of the East HC Ladder when I got totally bored with endless Baal runs and ditched her. I used mostly rares and a magic jav with +2 amazon +2 jav skills on it.

With this setup you get:
    Physical Damage (via valk)
    Lightning and Poison
    Cold

You will really never run into anything immune to all of that, so I'd say you're safe! Just keep your resists at MAX and shoot for as many +skills and +IAS items that you can get your hands on. My valk ended up around 27 and she was unstoppable, even in hell.

If you know how to play smart (baiting with decoy, use slow missles to light up enemies, etc etc) you should barely even get hit.

Hope this helps!

13. slayer37

Crushing blow is good but is less effective in multiplayer games as the damage does not scale with the number of players. Also, phaseblades are for melee and my bowazon won't make it if she needs to melee with bosses since vit is only about 600 (my bowazon is concentrated on dex and less life and gear is mostly for bigger damage rather than damage reduction and resists). Maybe if my bowazon was a little more well-rounded then your idea would do great wonders. Anyway, thanks for that tidbit Jek! :clap:

14. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Hmm, you should have 75% block and then your passives, sure you wont survive? Else just use a knockback bow with guided arrow, it'll take 1000 minutes but be 100% safe. :p

15. slayer37

Hehehe.. 75% blocking is no problem since she already has 300+ dex but the problem is the passives since I only have 1 for D/A/E. Aren't bowazons supposed to have minimal D/A/E since they should not be getting hit in the first place? Oh well, I prefer offense so my defense sucks. +skills only bring it up to 3 so big problem. I dunno.... never tried melee yet but it sounds challenging. :lol: