Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unsure of what Finisher to go with

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Drytch, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Drytch

Drytch IncGamers Member

Unsure of what Finisher to go with

Hi guys and gals. Its been awhile since ive played D2, but i decided to fire it up again and try a new sin build i read about, the Immobilizer(Blades of Ice + CoT+D-tail). However, i currently only play Single Player due to having my account unfairly muted, permanently. So in order to use D-tail to its full potential I'll need myrmidion greaves, which require insanely high strength for a SP character, and i dont think ill be finding Shadow Dancers anytime soon.
    I do play TCP/IP games with my dad, and he managed to find a very nice rare claw(elite) with dual leech, +AR, high dmg, and +3 DT. He also found a Jade Talon for me. Armed with those 2 claws i was thinking of going with Dragon Claw(i think thats what it is) insted of D-Tail.

Would the double charge bonus be worth the trade-off in DT damage? And does DT still do nil fire damage when used on PI's? Never understood the reasoning behind the PI thing with DT. Anyways, i just hit level 10 in Act 1, so i have plety of time before i have to decide on one or the other, suggestions and opinions are welcome.

-Drytch-

2. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

Dtail's fire ed works on the basis of the amount of dmg done * the modifier
    this means that if you do zero dmg, what eva the Edam is, it will still do zero dmg, this happens when you attack pys immunes, so all ways release on a none physical immune monster, meaning the AoE fire dmg will hurt the ghosts etc :cool:
    -silent

3. Drytch

Drytch IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info Silent, would you recommend DT over DC though? Keep in mind that the chance of me getting decent Myrmidion boots, let alone Shadow Dancers, is very small.

4. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

You can get good boots a number of ways.

The best boot for kickers is gore riders upgraded to myrmidon. Other option is to ugrade goblin toe boots to elite. These have crush blow which make a huge difference in dealing with the bosses. But you can take any boots (magic,unique,rare) and upgrade them to elite in order to improve kick damage.

When you reach higher levels you find exception/elite boots that do lots of damage. So you will find myrmidon boots, war boots etc. You just have to wait.

The third way is to find someone who can email you a atma database with gore rider, shadow dancers etc. Then you can pick from the best boots to wear.