Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unsure about skills, suggestions would be great.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by (Ø=M)^42, Mar 31, 2004.

1. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

Unsure about skills, suggestions would be great.

I have a Windforce. I want to put it to good use. The best builds I can think of (Without Javelin and Spear Skills) are Magic Arrow+Valkyrie+Passives and Strafe+Valkyrie+Passives. Both builds would probably use a Might mercenary. I know Magic Arrow is great for Physical Immunes, but isn't it a bit slow for regular PvM? Assume that I never play with others, and please tell me why you would choose Strafe/Magic Arrow. (Perhaps both?)
    Feel free to suggest what the other items should be.
    Thanks for replying.

2. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well definatly go with max Strafe, 17 in Valkyrie, enough in Critical Strike to have around 50% chance of double dmg, Penetrate if you need AR and some in Pierce. You can use other skills for such as the cold or fire arrows and you can always keep some javelins on switch with LF or PJ.

3. (Ø=M)^42

If I go with 134 STR for Windforce, and 80-100 VIT the rest in DEX, will that give me enough attack rating to hit in Hell, or do I need 10-20 in Penetrate too? (I've never had a bowazon in Hell.)

Edit: How 'bout
    20 Strafe
    20 Lightning Fury (Physical Immunes)
    20 Valkyrie (I don't care about 17, I want 20, she get's more rare items etc then.)
    20 Penetrate
    5 Critical Strike
    Some in Pierce + Razortail
    Rest in prerequisites and Passives.
    Mercenary = Might Aura

This should give high Physical damage, high Lightning damage on Weapon Switch, and a good chance to hit, plus one okay tank, and one good.

How does strafe go vs. Single Monsters, like Act Bosses? I don't know how Next Delay works...

4. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Well it really depends on the rest of your gear, if you have dual Raven Frosts with good stats that will help a lot. But I would still suggest putting 1-5 points minimum in it. It will depend on you, if you find your to hit % is to low just put your next couple skill points in penetrate.

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Try sniperzon. She uses strafe and MA, latter for PI. Lone_Wolf wrote excellent sniperzon guide and you can find it here . I made one too just after I found my Windforce from Pit and she is lvl 91 now. Definitely fun and viable build

6. (Ø=M)^42

How much of an issue is corpse popping? If I have enough strength to equip the items that give plus to strength, will I ever corpse pop? (Not counting those caused by picking up items on the way to the corpse.) The items I'm planning on using has a total of +35 strength. One of them requires 115 strength. Windforce requires 134 strength. Will the game automatically equip the armro with +20, then equip the helm, and then the bow, or is it random? I'd hate to corpse pop (I usually have enough base strength for all items).
    Please give me some input.

7. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

Well this being the Single Player Forum, I have to assume you're playing... single player... so there fore... corpse poppping.. wouldn't be much of an issue at all! Provided you're the adventurous type and try to recover your corpse at all costs :) and not save and exit and reload :)

Naraka

8. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo IncGamers Member

I'm a little off the wall and like to make fun builds so my suggestions some may not like, but I think they are fun and viable.

Here is what I would do:

Magic Arrow: 20
    Valkyrie: 20
    Decoy: 20
    Penetrate: 20
    Split the rest between CS, Pierce, and Prerequisits.

I'd go with this setup here is why. First, Maxing MA your first skill actually give you a few more skill points because no prereq. Second, MA is very helpful against PI. Maxing Strafe then putting a few points into something else for PI takes more skill points. Third, I recommend putting somepoints into decoy as it synergizes with Valk and is and excelent... well Decoy. Fourth, I have a bowazon in hell with 75 in str. I have a to hit of about 75% kinda too low... I'd like atleast 80% You have a higher str req so you can aford less into dex... thus less AR. You need penetrate. Lastly I would only put what is needed to get 50% in Pierce and CS. I would also recommend not putting more than one in the dodge line of skills. If you have your decoy, valk and merc in front of you you will not get hit.

As for merc I reccommend going with a act 2 defensice merc untill you can get a Holy Freeze Act 2 merc.

Just my opinion.

9. (Ø=M)^42

I need 103 strength for the armor which gives me +20 strength so I can use the helm at 115 strenght which gives me enough to equip Windforce. If I have 103 base strength (so I don't have to rely on charms for the last 4 strength), would those 31 points in dexterity create that much of a diffrence? It's a little better chance to hit, and 31% ED on either base bow damage or total bow damage. Can someone calculate this +31dexterity bonus to damage for a lvl85 character using Windforce?

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

On my zon 31 points in dex would increase max strafe dam about 120 points, so I would invest them to dex. Corpse popping is not a problem in SP imo

11. Stack

Stack IncGamers Member

I have to agree with everything that JohnnyBravo said. He is 100% correct on everything.

And anyways, the MA Bowazon is just so much fun to play. You will have a lot more fun playing with Ma then you will with strafe.

Atleast, I know I do.​