Unsummon Bug

spmarx

Diabloii.Net Member
Unsummon Bug

Sorry, this may be oooold news. I have just started playing new characters in LOD (though this bug was there with my first DII paladin character as well).

All of my characters, regardless of class, start with the 'UNSUMMON' skill. And, in the case of my sorceress, I have this in lieu of WARMTH. (Which I can't even get when I upgrade it's skill level).

I have the latest patch. Has anyone bumped into this before? thanks.

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
Warmth is a passive skill. By that, I mean you will never be able to "select" it after putting points into it. You gain the benefits from it automatically (in this case, the enhanced mana regeneration).

All characters have had the "unsummon" skill for quite some time now :D . It's like the "throw" skill, that is on the right skill button, and becomes active when you equip a throwing weapon. Alot of people don't use it, because alot of classes aren't really useful with throwing weapons, but it's there anyway, just incase. Some items allow the character to summon units, so the skill lets us banish them, if needed (if ever).

spmarx

Diabloii.Net Member
Ahh, thanks!

I assumed 'Warmth' behaved like 'Cleansing' in that you selected it to take effect.

So the game isn't like the old Diablo in that each character has one innate skill you begin with (Like the old Sorcerer's REPAIR).

Great, and here I thought I was missing out.

Interestingly, Blizzard told me to uninstall/reinstall (this was a personalized response, not the auto-reply).

So, I'm not missing out on anything...or at least nothing that anybody else doesn't deal with. :)

Thanks!

Orphan

Diabloii.Net Member
spmarx said:
So the game isn't like the old Diablo in that each character has one innate skill you begin with (Like the old Sorcerer's REPAIR).
Nah, each character in D2 just has unique skills :) ... or, they did, until Blizzard introduced items like Enigma and what-not....

Also, didn't the Sorcerer have the recharge skill? I think the Warrior had the repair.

Big Mog

Diabloii.Net Member
Orphan said:
didn't the Sorcerer have the recharge skill? I think the Warrior had the repair.
Yup, and every time you used either the max charges/durability would be reduced. iirc, the rogue could detect 'traps'. useless!

spmarx

Diabloii.Net Member
My bad

You're right...as I was typing I was trying to decide which one to use as my example...used a bit of both there.

Thanks for all the help. I was such a late bloomer to DII I didn't know if anyone out there still played/supported it...