Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Unknown Artefact

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by In the name of Zod, Sep 24, 2010.

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Unknown Artefact

@Diablo on Twitter
    So more info on Crafting may not be available at blizzcon 2010. We've got the lot to go on for now? Any guesses on what the artefact is exactly? :scratchchin:

2. Sylvanite

Sylvanite IncGamers Member

Re: Unknown Artefact

I'm guessing it refers to the "nom-nom box" that breaks down your unwanted items into materials for crafting.

3. Nekora

Nekora IncGamers Member

Someone on the official forums called it the 'Horadric Trash Compactor'. That's my favorite name for it so far.

4. In the name of Zod

The chest that he clicks on is presumably the artefact. You click on it and it pops up the gui. Its mentioned under the salvaging part of the vid but with more info on its background maybe its possible to deduce future uses for it past breaking items down.

Its not used for putting things together, thats the role of the artisan. There's got to be more to it, seems a bit limited when compared to the cube.

5. Flux

Flux Administrator

I was confused by that tweet, since I thought it had been called the Salvage Cube at some point during the Artisan presentation. Or an interview from Gamescom. That's what it's called in teh wiki, anyway.

So I checked the movie again, and Jay carefully doesn't call it anything in his narration. A plan repeated in this tweet. "special artifact blah blah" Even the tool tip doesn't give a name.

[​IMG]

I'm not expecting anything amazing about the name or lore; I mean we know what it does, and everyone's just going to call it the chest anyway.

Besides, how many of us can tell the lore of the horadric cube, right now? And we all probably clicked past Cain's explanation of it 10,000 times in act 2, since he tried to tell the story about it after every goddamned time you dropped the thing for quicker unloading.

6. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

as far as i recall the horadric cube was the only thing you could use to make the pieces of a horadric staff whole again. i dont recall anything deeper lore wise then that

7. The Rockman

The Rockman IncGamers Member

From my memory all he says is "you got quite a treasure there in that horadic cube..", then rambles on about using it to make the horadic staff, there was no background or lore other than that, the only extra thing was 1 recipe that he gave you if you ask him (the long sword one I think).

8. In the name of Zod

Looking at the picture of the box/chest I can't help but wonder if other items are going to go to the left of it. Also on the vid you'll notice that the left window had a similar space below where more artefacts could go.

I also didn't notice until now how it appears that the artefact appears to be on your character meaning it will be used for additional storage space just like the cube.

Its kind of dangerous really as people may think that they already have an item, break it down then realise how valuable the item was. I bet there'll be a good sum of us that make that mistake.

9. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

can i throw the monk in the chest and salvage him for a better character?

10. Nekora

Nekora IncGamers Member

I personally love the monk, myself. I think he looks great.

I just hope they tone down the blood explosion from the heart, or take the heart out altogether. That's the one thing I dislike about him. =/ It looks ridiculous.

11. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

play the female monk she looks better:thumbup: